Time Alone with Uncle Jack

Lance's POV 

After I woke up, I found that I was feeling much better. When I looked, I could hardly see the stitches that were on me. The doctor lady did such a nice job on me! Even though I was sleeping, I could feel that Mom was there too. Her soft hand was gently stroking where Cam wasn't fixing. 

I felt very elated that I had so many people that cared about me. For one, I had two people who were going to adopt me and were going to love me more than my supposed parents did. I wouldn't get beaten. Instead, I would get hugs and kisses. Instead of forced chores, I get play time and time to read my comic books. They were going to spoil me and I couldn't wait. I hoped I would have a brother or sister. If not, I hoped they would have a baby soon. They were the nicest soon-to-be parents in the world! Besides them, I had two uncles and two aunts! From what I had seen of them, they were very nice! 

Besides feeling elated, I felt really worried. What if I was sent to live with Harold & Jean until I was 18? Or if I was put into foster care? 

Anyways, I yawned and Mom smiled.

"Hi, honey," Mom kissed my head. "You'll spend a little time with each of your uncles and aunts, alright, buddy?" 

"Will you be there?" 

Mom nodded. "I'll be in my office. Look, honey, Uncle Jack is here." 

Uncle Jack smiled. "Hey buddy, do you like bugs?" 

I nodded excitedly. "Yes. Bye!" 

Mom chuckled and Uncle Jack showed me his bugs. 

"So, buddy, what's your favorite thing to do?" He put his ant farm out.

The ants were moving around in the sand and I curiously saw them move when I touched it. 

"I love to read comic books, watch Star Wars and read psychology books." 

Hodgins grinned and showed me his bee hive (contained of course). The bugs were all so cool! I loved seeing Uncle Jack's bugs. So far, my favorite place was his office. There were spiders, bugs, and cool experiments. 

"Do you wanna be a psychologist someday?"

Uncle Jack was sounding really nice. He had big blue eyes and curly black hair. It was sort of like an afro. 

"Yes! I can read people by just a mere glance. For instance, you're elated that you're spending time with me." 

Uncle Jack chuckled. "You're a really smart little boy." 

I laughed. "So do you think Mom and Dad will win?" 

Uncle Jack set me on the counter and gave me a hug. "Buddy, I can't promise anything but there is a 90% chance that Mom and Dad will win." 

I grinned. "Yay!" 

Uncle Jack smiled and we continued to look at his bugs. It was really nice to get to spend time with him.

"Do they have another kid?" 

Uncle Jack chuckled. "Yes. There's a 16-year-old named Parker, a six-year-old named Christine and a two-year-old named Hank." 

"Any others?"

Uncle Jack shook his head

Aunt Angela stood in the doorway. "Hodgins, it's my turn with this little cutie."