Not Really Sam Weir

Brennan's POV

Last night, Lance had a rough night sleeping. I let him watch a little bit of TV and it helped soothe him right to sleep. Poor boy

Today, I hoped he would agree to the tests. From what I had seen of Lance, he was a very intelligent child. Since Cam knows me (and I trusted her the most plus she was technically qualified as a doctor), she agreed to administer the tests aside from the X-Rays. Plus we had to break the news to him that he was kidnapped and had a different name. 

My heart broke for that poor little boy. What he had gone through, I wouldn't wish on anybody, not even serial killers. When I had seen him yesterday, my heart broke in half when he was crying and fragile. He was definitely malnourished and definitely had wormed his way into my heart. Lance was like another Parker. Well, not exactly. Still, he was a very sweet little boy.

I put on a purple dress shirt with black slacks and black high heels. I put my hair up in a ponytail and put my earrings in. I put my makeup on and stared at Lance. He was peacefully sleeping and I wasn't in any rush to wake up. Today, we were going on Lance's schedule. If we rushed him, we would only be making him feel like he has to get to his parents. 

As I was about to leave, Lance shot up but winced. 

"Lance, sweetheart, don't get up. You're still hurting," I gently helped him up and helped him get in a red shirt with shorts. I applied cream to his bruises and they started to fade. Luckily, they'd gotten several pictures of him in his terrible condition. 

He looked. "I'll go cook, Mrs. Brennan."

I shook my head. "Sweetie, call me Mom. Dad and I will cook. I don't want you near the stove unless you ask to help." 

He nodded. "Sorry, Mom." 

I kissed his head. "Don't be, sweetie. I do have something to tell you." 

"Did I do something?"

I shook my head. "No, honey. You know how we rescued you from those two people you thought were your parents?" 

He nodded. "Are you saying they aren't my parents?" 

I sighed. "Yes, buddy, I am. Your name isn't really Sam Weir. Your name is Lance Sweets. Your real parents are...dead buddy, but Caroline has said Booth and I can adopt you." 

"Wait, wait. I always had a funny feeling that name meant something. So those two people, kidnapped me?" 

He didn't seem angry, he just seemed shocked. I was surprised.

"Yes, honey. You were almost two months old when they kidnapped you from the mall. Are you mad at me?"

He shook his head. "No, Mom, I'm just shocked." 

I smiled at Booth who was watching the whole thing. 

Booth smiled. "I made pancakes, buddy. Go have as many as you want with whatever you want on it." 

He happily obliged and we sat down eating breakfast. As I ate breakfast, I kept watching Lance. Eating, he was happily eating and I was glad he wasn't against eating. That boy needed as much food as we could feed him. He needed quite a bit more strength. It was so cute to see him with Booth and my heart melted. 

Caroline called me. "Cherie, I called the system. When your case wins against the Weirs, it'll be legally announced that you and Booth have full custody until Lance is 18." 

I grinned. "Thanks Caroline." 

I hung up and grinned and Booth. "Well, are we ready to go."

Booth grinned. "We sure are."