Seeing the Doctor

Booth's POV 

My heart was breaking for my little boy as we headed to see Cam. Cam was a trained and certified doctor technically so Bones and I agreed on going to see her. It was going to be better if we took him to someone he would come to love as an aunt. Since she had a daughter and interacted with kids before, we had agreed on seeing her. Although I knew the bruises would be severe, I was hoping we wouldn't have to permanently do anything to him. It was heart-wrenching. I know, I know. He's not officially mine (yet) but my heart broke for him. He had done nothing wrong to deserve those terrible bruises. Once we officially adopted him, I was gonna buy him more and more clothes and especially toys. Whatever he wanted, I was gonna get. Most importantly, I was gonna give that boy more love then he's ever had. Although, I would have to compete with Brennan (even to hold him), I was determined to smother him with love until he's tired of the love. 

Anyways, he was in the back seat, happily playing with a superman action figure. I chuckled at him and kept driving to the Jeffersonian. 

"Bones, he's gonna need you in there," I chuckled. 

Bones nodded. "I know. What if he thinks we're going to hurt him?" 

I hadn't thought of that. "That poor little boy. Well, I'm going to stay too."

Bones looked at me. "Are you sure? You could always talk to Cam." 

I shook my head. "Nope. I'm staying with you two. After he's examined, we need to spend time together with him." 

Brennan kissed my cheek and I laughed. That was why I loved Bones. Although she was still learning the social norms, I loved her the way she was. She had the most beautiful hair. My favorite was when it was straight and down. Her eyes were the most beautiful but stunning eyes. They were a piercing blue. Not an evil look, just a deep and caring one. I saw them in Max's eyes too. Although having three kids, she still looked amazing. Nobody meant as much to me as Bones did. If someone was to try to hurt her in any way, I would do my dead level best to save her even if it meant dying or going to prison. 

"We're here, buddy," I parked and got out. 

Lance unbuckled his buckle and hopped out. He held my hand and I looked at him. He need calcium supplemented in his bones. If there was anyone who could do that, it would be Bones. Thankfully, we didn't need to force him to go in this condition. In fact, the judge asked us to have him in better condition. Caroline had already gotten us all the proof we needed. First though, we needed to get X-Rays of his body. Besides that, we had plenty of pictures, soon to have witness statements from Bones, Cam, Hodgins, Angela, the school nurse, Aubrey, and several others, pictures of his room and a couple videos that were secretly taped. 

Anyways, I walked in with him and Cam gasped quietly. "He's so precious. How could they-?" 

Cam had a twenty-year-old daughter, Michelle. 

"Later, Cam. I'll get the X-Rays done and we can do the full examination." 

Cam nodded. "Call me when you're ready. Holler, I mean." 

I chuckled at Lance who was emersed in a book. 

The X-Ray machine was all hooked up. Before we entered, we had to put on a lead shield each. It was to protect us from radiation. 

Bones walked in and gently put Lance (in a hospital gown) on the table. 

"Lie still, honey, I'll start from your head to your chest."

He laid still and Bones took X-Rays while murmuring sadly. I was watching him in awe and sadness. I hoped when we adopted him that Parker wouldn't mind having a little brother. Even if he didn't, he'd warm up to him. The X-Rays didn't take very long and soon, they were shut down and Bones was looking at them closely.