Time with Aunt Angela

Lance's POV

I walked to Angela and she happily led me to her office. Aunt Angela had medium length black hair and deep brown eyes. She wore a very pretty black and white floral dress. She seemed very sweet. When I waved to Aubrey, he looked at me with a sneer.

"I have a video game, do you want to play it with me?" Angela showed me a choice of games. I chose the racing game. We sat and drove it around.

"What do you think of your new parents?" Angela asked.

I grinned. "I love them! They're super sweet!"

"Which one is your favorite?"

"I don't have one. That would be mean."

"Aww, you're such a gentleman," Angela hugged me.

"Aubrey doesn't like me."

As I said that, I could hear them talking outside.

"Booth, I don't want to know the brat! Kids always make everything worse!"

"Aubrey, its just a little while. And he's not a brat. Far from that!"

From what I could see of Dad, he was very mad after Aubrey said that. Luckily, I was in the safety of Aunt Angela's office right now. It seemed that Uncle Jack, Mom and Aunt Cam heard it. All three angrily looked at Aubrey. Mom was especially angry.

I hugged into Aunt Angela who hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Well I don't like him. He's so weird."

The words pierced me in the heart. He sounded like my kidnappers. Truthfully, I wasn't going to change anything about me. There was nothing wrong with me acting the way I was. Yes, I like comic books and don't care for sports. That doesn't matter. What does matter is who loves me the way I am. 

Angela hugged me close and held me. I cuddled and cried into her. How could he say that? What had I done to him?

For a little while longer, Aunt Angela and I played with her video games. 

"What did I do to him?" 

Aunt Angela hugged me close and hushed me gently. "Nothing buddy, you did nothing wrong. Shh." 

"Then why doesn't he like me?"

She hugged me gently again. "Honey, he's just being a meanie. You're adorable and very sweet,"

"How about you see Aunt Cam?"

I nodded and Angela yelled at Aubrey. Aunt Cam led me to her office.