Chapter 3: Underdog

You arrived at Radiant Garden, a building made of red bricks surrounded by neatly-cut shrubbery blooming with flowers and short palm trees. You walk past the automatic glass doors and stared inside the lobby. Several students were lounging about the cushions and seats surrounding the receptionist area on the left while others were hanging out inside the rec room, playing pool, air hockey, or mini-blitzball. 

You stare down at your folder. Room 4320. 

Scanning the area, you eventually found the signs pointing to the 1100's and 1300's on the right. You were about to wait by the elevator when you see several students pushing large carts through the doors and decided to just hike up to the fourth floor with your carry-on in hand. 

Most of the rooms on your floor were wide open and you could see girls chatting animatedly with their friends and you couldn't help but smile. It seemed like such an open and friendly place and you couldn't be more excited. You could only hope you were assigned a good roommate. 

By the time you arrived at Room 4320, the door was also open and you could clearly make out several voices inside. Timidly, you take small steps inside your room, knocking slightly on the door to make your presence known. 

There were two raven-haired girls inside the room, one plopped on her stomach on the bed and the other one relaxing on a small couch near the balcony.

"Hey! Are you ______? I'm Garnet, you're roommate." The petite one on the bed stood up, brushing her short locks out of her face with a wide smile on her face. 

You grinned back and replied cheerfully, "It's nice to meet you."

Her brown eyes lit up and she answered in a slightly impressed tone, "Yeah! I hear you're a transfer." 

"I am. From the Enchanted Dominion." You smile and stared around the room, realizing that your luggage and boxes from home have been stored right next to a wooden bed frame with a clean comfortable-looking mattress on top of it. Two pull-out dressers lie at the bottom of the mattress and another small dresser is set to the right of the bed with a cute lamp placed on top of it. 

A desk with a matching chair was situated right across from your bed and you noticed that you smell the sea-breeze wafting through one of the open windows. 

You must have seemed shocked with awe because you hear Garnet giggle in amusement before asking curiously, "Have you ever been to DIPA or Destiny Islands, _____?" 

You shook yourself away from your stupor and smiled shyly. "No, I haven't really gotten the chance to tour around." 

"Well, you're lucky because Garnet's an expert." The taller dark-haired girl stood up, chuckling slightly at Garnet's multiple nods of agreement. "I'm Rinoa, a 4th year. I transferred here my sophomore year just like you. I'm also your RA." 

"Basically, she's the one you complain to if your neighbors are bugging you or doing something illegal." Garnet nudged the taller girl as she stepped closer to you and extended a hand, which you shook politely. 

"That also goes for roommates." Rinoa laughed as Garnet shot her a glare. "Well, I'll be heading up - looks like Larxene's throwing a fit again." She and Garnet simultaneously rolled their eyes at the sound of the name as you raised your eyebrows curiously. "If this one becomes a handful, don't hesitate to let me know. I'm up on the 6th floor, 6315. It was nice meeting you, _____!" Rinoa waved an arm in the air as she walked backwards out the door.