Chapter 22

"N-nice to meet you, Mr. Park!" Baekhyun bows his head 90 degrees. "I-I'm so sorry I didn't know--" he wasn't able to finish his sentence when Chanyeol's father hold his hand up to stop him.

"It's alright." Byeong Ho said. "I know my son didn't bother to inform you about me." The old man said. "I would go straight to the point since I know that you wanted to know why did I ask you to come here. Simple. I want you to break off your marriage with my son." Byeong Ho said, not even blinking once.

Park Chanyeol is Park Byeong Ho's son, indeed. Always direct to the point. They're even kinda look-a-like.

"I-I beg your pardon, sir?"

"You heard me right, Mr. Byun. I want you to break off this fake marriage of yours with my son, and let him live a life that he deserves. A life that is away from this make-believe world, away from fake people in his surroundings, and away from people of your likes."

Baekhyun gulps. How the hell this old man knew about their fake marriage? Didn't CEO Park Jungsu said that this is supposed to be a secret. Although some people knew about their real status, only some trusted people only knew that. Heck even his grandmother and the 2 ladies of the Park family didn't know about his and Chanyeol's previous set-up. So how this man in front of him knew about it.

"I know you're asking yourself how did I know about this things. Well, I have my way, son." The old man smirks at him.

Where did he heard that line again? That's right, Park Sehun.

"I ask my lawyers to look at any loopholes regarding your so-called 'marriage' with my son, and viola! We found out the your signature are forged."

Baekhyun's eyes widen. This isn't happening. This is just a dream-- no! A nightmare!

"Just tell me how much do you want. Do you want me to give you big compensation? Perharps a big house in America? Name your price and I'll give it to you ASAP."

"Why-- why are you doing this?"

"Because I need an heir, Mr. Byun. My first born son as an heir to pass my legacy. My son, Chanyeol refused to accept my offer because there's some... distraction around him." Byeong Ho emphasizes the word. "So if I were you Mr. Byun Baekhyun, break it off with Chanyeol and stay away from my son."

The nurse only looks at the old man in front of him. How can this man can just refer a marriage to it? Then Baekhyun then remember what Chanyeol told him before; that this man is the one whose responsible for breaking his own family apart. That this man was once a loving husband and father to his wife and children. That this man is once a superhero in his son's eyes, but also the man who made his own son to have trust issues with the people around him. And that he should not trust this man.

"I'm sorry Mr. Park, but... I don't think I can do that to Chanyeol. He had suffer enough and I don't want to repeat what happened in the past."

"You're one feisty young lad. Maybe that's the reason how you had my son follow you like a lost puppy. Manipulating my son with that face of yours. Perhaps you serviced him good to wrap him around to your little finger."

"Chanyeol is not whipped, Mr. Park. He's smart enough to know what he likes and what he wants. And your son is a very gentleman to respect me and my decision. You think so little of your son that I was surprised. Shouldn't you trust your son and not belittle him?" Baekhyun answered indignantly.

Park Byeong Ho glares at the feisty little nurse. He shouldn't take him so easily. The male in front of him is much stubborn as his own son, but their difference, the little man looks calmer while he spits venom while his son is more of like a war freak.