Chapter 25 - The Final Chapter

It was already 6 in the evening when Chanyeol enter his dark and quiet penthouse. He plops down the couch and takes a deep breath, feeling exhausted after confronting his father. He looks around the penthouse and he feels empty. He then look at the envelop that Jongin gave him and opens it to read Baekhyun's letter.

Dear Chanyeol,

Hi! Gosh this is awkward... I want to say sorry for all the trouble I caused you. I didn't mean those things. I was just really caught up in the situation where I feel like suffocated and was so stupid to made a careless decision and ends up hurting you. God knows how much I wanted to tell everything to you but again, I was stupid to do so. My heart breaks when I saw you crying. I always wanted to hug you and kiss you so bad. I broke your trust. If I can only strangle myself, I would do it. I wrote this letter to tell you that I'm leaving the country the day after tomorrow... I can't tell you where will I go. But you have to promise me you won't go to look for me. Promise me, Park Chanyeol!

Remember when we watched that chick flick you wanted to watch so bad, Serendipity? Just like in that movie, I wanted to try our destiny, Yeol. If we're really meant for each other, and if God will allow us to be together, I guess our fate will find its way so that we will end up together no matter what. But if in case your heart beats for someone else, that will be fine with me. I won't hold you back. It'll hurt, of course. I won't deny that I'm also wishing for us to meet in the future. But if you find your true happiness with the person you decided to love and grow old with, even if it isn't me, I will be happy for you.

I'm really sorry if I have to leave you, Yeol. I'm only doing this because I want to be a better person. Someone whose good enough for you when you introduced me to your family (once again), especially to your father. Don't hate him, Yeol. He's still your father. Even if he's the most despicable person in the whole planet, he is still your father. If it wasn't because of him, I wouldn't be able to meet someone as loving, considerate, gentleman and handsome boyfriend as you. If it wasn't because of him, I wouldn't met a grumpy yoda who have privacy issues, nonetheless, a grumpy yoda who I love the most. Just always remember, you're my first and probably my last love. I'd rather remain single for the rest of my life if it wasn't you who I will grow old with. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.

I love you, Yeol. Always and forever.

Baekhyun

The actor didn't know whether he'll be disappointed or what. All he knows is that somehow he understands Baekhyun and that he is not mad at him. He trusted Baekhyun so much that he wanted to just let him to do what he want, but at the same time just want to keep him beside him.

"Alright," Chanyeol puffs out his chest, "this time we will let the nature take it's course, babe. We just need to trust each other." He whispered as he lovingly look at his wedding ring.

***

"Are you sure you pack everything you need? What about your passport? Your jacket? Your--"

"Relax, panda. Everything is set." Baekhyun's gaze soften when he noticed how his friend's lips trembles.

"I... I just... I'm going to miss you, Baek." Tao's voice cracks.

"Me too, Tao. Me too." Baekhyun said as he wipes his friend's tears.

"Take care of yourself there, Baekhyunnie." Daehyun said as he pats Baekhyun's shoulder.

"I will, Dae! Thank you for driving us here."

"You're welcome."

Baekhyun and his grandmother are currently waiting for their flight number to be called, at the Incheon airport. Their boarding time is 6:14 in the morning. 14 minutes to go. He thought.