Chapter 4~Friday

Before you knew it, Friday came and you were dressed in one of your best outfits for the night with your hair on point. You weren't comfortable with giving Eren your home address so you just had him pick you up in front of Dairy Queen. You got there ten minutes early so it gave you a chance to buy ice cream for the both of you.

"A blizzard, huh?" Eren said as you gave it to him in the car. "How did you know? These are my favorites. What kind is this one?"

"I got us both the special of the month: Pumpkin Pie," you replied as you began to eat yours, careful not to make a mess as this was actually a really nice car.

"You, my friend, have excellent taste. I like it," Eren said as he began driving off.

Neither of you said anything for awhile, which enabled you to observe him. Eren looked rather real handsome this evening, you noticed that he had dyed the tips of his hair a bright crimson color and was wearing mostly black. He had on skinny jeans, flats, a T-shirt with a white skull on it, a leather jacket, and the same silver piercings he had on when you first encountered him along with ebony eyeliner. He looked perfect.

"So, where are we headed?" You asked, breaking the silence.

Eren simply glanced at you and smiled. "Can't tell you, it's a surpise."

That made you feel uneasy. Good thing you had your switchblade on you just in case he ever attempted to hold you hostage in the middle of no where. However, your nerves began to settle a little as Eren pulled up to a parking lot of some kind of outdoor movie theater.

"Is this what I think it is?" You asked when you both got out of the car and were walking together. You both threw away your empty blizzard cups.

"Yep," Eren replied. "Modern indoor cinemas are a bit cliché in my opinion. So tonight I figured we can go old fashioned. Plus, you don't really see these around anymore."

"Well, I have to say, Jaegar, you made definitely made the right choice. I've always wanted to go to one of these." You laughed a little. "You know, this reminds of me a scene from The Outsiders, the only thing we need now is a Ponyboy Curtis and a Johnny Cade to tag along with us."

"But what about Dallas Winston?" Eren pointed out.

"You could be good ol' Dally, I think you'd be able to pull him off."

Eren chuckled and gave you a toothy grin. "You know what, maybe I could."

After you and Eren both checked in, Eren got popcorn and sodas before settling onto a bench. The movie that was on was an oldie, Mary Poppins, something you haven't watched in years but it brought back some good memories. In fact, the last time you watched it was with your uncle and cousins at age ten.

When the movie was over, Eren was the first to stand. He held his hand out towards you. "Hope you aren't too full from all the popcorn, because there's another place I want to take you," he said.

You stared at his hand and hesitated for a moment before taking it, allowing him to help you up despite being completely capable of standing on your own. "Oh? There's more?"

"Mmhmm," Eren replied. "The night is still young, I think we may as well enjoy it."

You stood looking at Eren for a moment, thinking that the theater was more than enough but then nodded. "You're right, let's go. Where are we going this time?"

"That's another surprise." Eren smirked. You rolled your eyes and laughed. As you got closer to the car, a young man no older than twenty walked by and shoved Eren hard enough to knock him over.

"Out of the way, punk!" The man spat at Eren's direction, barely missing him by a centimeter. Eren growled and gave him a murderous glare but the man simply cackled and kept walking.

As you watched this, you began to shake in fury. "Hey!" You shouted. But he ignored you. "You got anything better to do than be a complete jackass!?" You were just about to grab out your blade and go after the bastard when suddenly you felt Eren's hand on your shoulder.

"Don't." He warned.

"But he-" you stammered.

Eren shook his head. "I know, and I'm tempted to go after him too but trust me, it's not worth it, (y/n). Let's just enjoy our night."

You stood there stiff. You were so angry you couldn't move. But then you eventually took a calming breath and nodded. "Fine. Let's get going then."