Chapter 14~His Sister

Sometime around mid-morning, you woke to light shining in through the windows from behind the cloudy sky. The whole house was cold. The heater must have broke again sometime in the night. Good thing Eren provided all the warmth you needed.

You rose your head from Eren's shoulder and stood, stretching out your tired body. You padded over to your bedroom but stood there in shock as you saw both a familiar brunette scientist and a greaser passed out on the bed. The window was open too. So that's why it's freezing in here...

"What the hell!?" You said. That woke the duo up.

"Did it happen yet!?" Reese asked, his eyes still closed.

"No... we must have missed it..." Hanji mumbled.

"Just what are you talking about?" You demanded crossing your arms.

"Oh nothing," Reese responded. "Just wanted to see if we could catch a show."

"Show?"

"Yeah! So did you guys do it!?" Hanji asked getting up in your face.

You narrowed your eyes while staring at the two and then sighed. "It's none of your business what we do, but to answer your question, no, we didn't do it."

"Awwww..." said Hanji and Reese at the same time.

"Damn... this could have gotten us a thousand bucks..." Reese said.

"More like a million," said Hanji.

"And you guys are professional perverts." You made a gesture towards the door. "You may take your leave now."

"But-"

You shook your head. "Out!" Ignoring the rest of their persistence of wanting to say, you nudged them both until they were officially out of the house. You shut the door and locked it, taking note to lock every window as well.

"What was that all about?" Said Eren in a sleepy voice. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Just some of our nosy friends stopping by," you replied.

"Figures..." Eren mumbled. He rubbed his arms. "Is it just me or is it freezing in here?"

"Again, it was our nosy friends stopping by. They decided to come in through the window and forgot to close it." You padded over back to the bedroom and shut the open window blocking out any more cold air coming in. You sighed in relief. "You want coffee?"

"Yes, please," Eren practically begged. Honestly, you didn't blame him. You could use some of that hot substance as well.

"What was that all about?" Said Eren in a sleepy voice. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Just some of our nosy friends stopping by," you replied.

"Figures..." Eren mumbled. He rubbed his arms. "Is it just me or is it freezing in here?"

"Again, it was our nosy friends stopping by. They decided to come in through the window and forgot to close it." You padded over back to the bedroom and shut the open window blocking out any more cold air coming in. You sighed in relief. "You want coffee?"

"Yes, please," Eren practically begged. Honestly, you didn't blame him. You could use some of that hot substance as well. You quickly grabbed some ground beans from your cabinets and added it to your coffee machine along with water. After the coffee was ready, you and Eren sipped on the soothingly hot, caffeinated substance while chatting miscellaneously.

"You know (y/n), coffee isn't for everyone," Eren said.

"Oh? And why do you say that? If you ask me, coffee is a beverage from heaven and in my opinion, a survival tool for finals week," you said taking a sip. You had added pumpkin spice creamer in yours while Eren had peppermint.

"May be true for you, but really, the primary species who shouldn't be near coffee are A) Children and B) Reese."

You burst out laughing. "Reese!?"

"Reese. I remember one time we all went out for coffee last year and all it took was one sip and Reese literally started bouncing all over walls. He even got a restraining order because of that." Eren grinned at the memory. "Ahhh... good times..."

"I figured it would be Hanji who should stay away from coffee."

Eren looked you right in the eye. "For Hanji, coffee is not as bad as sugar. Even one ounce of that stuff..." But before the conversation could go any further, Eren's phone went off. He checked it and sighed. "Damn... forgot about that..."

"What?" You asked curiously.

"My sister just texted me, I promised to do an errand for her."

"Do you really have to do it? I mean, is it something she can do herself?"

"Well yeah, she's more than capable of doing it. But the thing is..." Eren chuckled sheepishly while scratching the back of his messy hair. "I pulled a prank on her and she did not appreciate it. So now I owe her."

You whistled. "What did you do? Sounds as if you've done something extreme."

"I'll tell you some other time," Eren said sending a quick text back to his sister. "But if you want, you can come along. I think it's about time for me to introduce you to family."

You took one last gulp of the coffee and pondered on the thought. Meeting someone's family was not your greatest strength. In fact, it created unpleasant butterflies in your stomach that always threatened to rise and escape. But since you assumed it was only going to be a quick visit, you figured it might not be so bad after all.

"Okay."

After you and Eren cleaned up the whole kitchen, you pulled on some warm clothes and headed out. Within minutes, you and Eren were in front of a small house. It was quite nice actually. The snow made it even better. It reminded you of thise neighborhoods from holiday movies.

"You okay?" Eren asked noticing your nervous gaze.

"Hmm? Oh, y-yeah..."

Knowing that you were clearly lying, Eren laughed and squeezed your hand gently. "No need to worry, Mikasa is a friendly girl. She might just need some time to warm up if anything."

Taking those comforting words into account, you nodded and gave Eren a smile. With you by his side, Eren walked up to the door and gave it a few knocks. Moments later, the door opened and there stood a tall, lean, serious-looking woman wearing all black. She narrowed her eyes when she saw you. You immediately had a feeling that she didn't like you.

"Hello," you said giving her a polite smile. Before you could introduce yourself, you felt a hard blow to your chest knocking the wind out of you. Pain shot up your back.