Chapter 6~The Invitation

"Y'all ready for dessert?" Jay asked. You and Eren had both finished your meal, ate all the chili fries, and drank all of your shakes.

"No thanks, Jay," Eren said slouched back in his seat. "Do you want any dessert, (y/n)?"

You shook your head. "No thanks. I'm stuffed."

"Awww come on, y'all! That hurts my feelings. What's a good dinner without dessert? You know..." Jay grinned while stroking his chin. "You can get order dessert to-go, right?"

Eren looked as though he approved at the idea, but he still looked to you. After all, this was your night.

"I don't know," you said trying to stay awake. "I'm too full to even think about food ever again." But when Jay gave you the puppy eyes, you sighed. "Alright, chocolate lava cakes for two, please."

That gave Jay a satisfied smile. "Consider it done." After he came back with the cakes in separate boxes, Eren paid the bill. When you tried to stand, you were so full and sleepy that you nearly fell over. Despite catching yourself on your own, Eren still held you briefly in his arms.

"Careful now, I don't want you passing out on me," he said. You blushed a little.

You and Eren decided to take a stroll in the park in hope to possibly walk off the fullness.

Since the park was empty at this hour and the sky was dark, you would have normally felt paranoid being alone with another person, but you had actually gotten a little more comfortable with Eren.

"Thanks for showing me that place," you said with a yawn. "That was the most amazing meal I ever had."

"No problem," said Eren, who caught your yawn.

You stretched out your limbs. "So Eren, tell me about yourself."

"Me? Well... what do you want to know?"

"Anything." You shrugged.

"I don't know what to say," Eren said.

"Okay..." you took a moment to think of something. "Well, how about your childhood?"

Eren chuckled and shoved his hands in his pockets as he walked. "My childhood? I don't think that'll be of any interest to you. How about you tell me yours?"

"I'm afraid that's not a very happy subject for me." You laughed uneasily.

"You and me, both."

"Well I bet yours was better than mine," you said. "Most of my childhood involved being jumped by thugs with workaholic parents that were never around."

Eren scoffed. "Well at least you HAD parents." That grabbed your attention.

"To sum it up," Eren continued. "My life started out pretty much normal. I lived with my parents and sister. When I was around eleven, my father left. Shortly after, my mother got murdered. My sister and I were sent to an orphanage which led us being sent to a military academy. And now, here I am."

"Wow, Eren. I'm so sorry. Really... if I could change that for you, I would with a snap on my fingers."

Eren waved it off with a smile. "It's okay, really. I just kind of wish I was nicer to my mother. She did a lot for me. But if not for all this, we probably wouldn't have met. Actually... there was something else I wanted to invite you to."

"Oh?"

"There's a band concert tomorrow at eight, and I have back stage passes. Want to come?"

"Ummm... I don't know." You smiled apologetically and looked down at the grass. "I work tomorrow."

"That's okay," Eren said with a smile. "Just give me a call and let me know."