Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Castiels breathing almost haulted upon hearing those words float from Deans mouth. It took him a good minuet before he could find the right muscle combinations that allowed him to speak.

“A-are you asking me out, Dean?” He says, his voice up an octave from where it usually sits. Dean nods, strong and proud which does nothing to help the twist and turns of Castiels stomach. “Oh well.. yes. Of course, I’d love to go on a date with you.” Shockingly enough, this seemed to throw Mr.Dean Winchester off a little. His green eyes widened slightly and it took him a bit longer to respond.

“Awesome. We can um… well when are you free?”

“Saturday,” Castiel says happily, not a second thought on his mind. “I’ve got practice every day after school and the away game Friday.”

“Saturday then. You wanna go see a movie?”

“I think that would be absolutely fantastic,” Castiel grins, standing up a bit straighter. His blue eyes held life again and, best of all, his grin was back.

“Great. Great.” Dean mumbles, smiling himself. “Don’t you have practice now?”

“I do, but I can skip today. Mondays after games are laid back,” Castiel explains, shivering as a harsh wind whips its way thought his jacket.

“Here.” Dean pulls off the leather jacket he wore, revealing only a tee-shirt underneath, and laid it over Castiels shoulders, ignoring his attempts of protest.  “What happened to your football jacket anyway?”

“Lucifer,” Castiel grumbles. “He tore his jacket and stole mine.”

“You shouldn’t let him do that to you,” Dean says with a frown, watching as Casitel took off his backpack to pull on the leather jacket. After he got his backpack back on, they started walking once more, silently in sync.

“Don’t get much of a choice,” Castiel says with a shrug. “Lucifer is older and stronger. I don’t get much of anywhere fighting back.”

“But you shouldn’t just take it. Even if you fail, if you fight back, he won’t take advantage of you as much. But what about your older brothers? Is there one who is on your side? There’s gotta be.”

“Gabriel is.” Castiel smiles a little at the thought of his brother. “But he’s off to college, they all are.”

“Lucifer?” Dean asked, raising an eyebrow. Cas nodded and quickly explained “He goes to a collage close enough to live at home.”  He sounded rather regretful saying this, or bitter.

“Only one more year though, then you’ll be outta here,” Dean tries, patting his classmates shoulder with a smile.

The two of them fall silent, so many questions buzzing, making it diffuclt to choose one. However, as Dean was busy listing to the noise filled issues in his own head, Castiel was able to put one of his own in to words.

“Why are you not angry with me, Dean?” Castiel looks up at the slightly taller boy with the tilt of his head and his blue eyes swinting. Dean somehow found this cute, although he refused to admit it. Ever.

“Why would I be angry? Because some idiot jocks on your team attempted to plumble my brother and kill me? You didn’t do it. And it’s not your job to stop it, no reason to be mad.” Dean had a bit of anger in his voice, but the way his eyes softened when he looked at; Castiel told him that anger wasn’t directed towards him.

“Is that something that happens often?” The teenager asks softly, looking up at his companion with striking blue eyes which bled innocence.

“From time to time.” Dean admits with a shrug, his eyes searching the open streets, mainly being used for cars instead of walking. Castiel wondered who brought this upon them, how many bullies had injured such an innocent soul like Sams. Was Dean there each time? Or did he miss his brother once? Castiel wondered a lot about the teenager, including how he could ever find interest in his shop partner.