Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Castiel stayed out in the cooling night air, hoping for his cheeks to turn back into a normal color before he reentered the house. After waving off Dean, he gave himself another few minuets before walking back inside.

“Studying huh? Studying what, Dean Winchesters lips? I thought you were in shop class, not sex ed.” Lucifer says, swinging himself into a normal sitting position but on the back of the couch instead of the seat.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Luke.” Castiel says, tilting his head as he used the name as a blow. Lucifer wasn’t actually permitted to use that name legally, but he used it at his job, Castiel now knew. If he didn’t Dean would have seen Lucifer written on his brothers nametag instead of Luke. He figured if his mother and father knew, Lucifer would get in trouble too. Perhaps not as much as if Lucifer revealed his playing card to the referees, but it was an attempt to level the playing field.

“Oh, nice try brother, but mother already allowed me use of my name on that form. However, I know she did not give you permission to go against the word of the lord by going out with a boy.” Lucifer states cooly as he leaned back on the couch, his hand gripping the back to keep balance. Castiel, whos panic was starting to show on his face, though of flipping the furnature and watching his brother get pinned under it.

“Don’t worry,” Lucifer continues, taking great pleasure in the panic he saw on the youngest Novaks face.
“I won’t tell our parents. But please brother, be careful. You never know who has a camera in your presence.” He winked and flipped off of his place on the back of the couch. Smoothly, he pulls out his cell phone as he walks back towards his room; his stupid horror movie, Castiel noticed, was still playing loudly on nothing other but a sex scene.

Dean arrived only five minuets behind the start of his shift; a five minuets he offered to work off at the end of the night but was waved off by Ellen after Jo explain why Dean was late. The Winchester boy insisted on working it off, but Ellen was already gone off to another task, leaving him with her grinning blonde haired daughter whom Dean promptly flicked off when she attempted to question him about the date.

“Come on Dean. Tell me!” Jo whines an hour later as they wiped down glasses and the bar top inbetween the late rush and the later rush.

“Jo, would you give it a break? You’re not getting anything out of me.” Dean says, smiling a little as he shook his head. “I’ve grown up with a little brother-I know how to ignore annoying.”

“Come on Dean-O. I’ve saved your skinny white ass twice tonight; the least I deserve is a little gossip. Spill.”

“First off, I didn’t ask you to save me at all. That was your choice. And second, I’m not a girl. The only thing I’ll ‘spill’ is this beer on your head.” Dean grins as Ellen, who was walking by, laughs.

“I’ll ask Castiel.” Jo says spitefully, setting a glass down before picking up another.

“How do you know you’ll see him again?” Dean asks as the bar phone goes off. Jo rolls her eyes and grabs it off the hook, Dean couldn’t hear the conversation over the music seeing as the phone was off in the corner, however, he did hear Jo call him over.

“It’s Castiel.” She explained, handing him the phone which still resides on a cord. “Said he left his bag in your car and you didn’t answer your phone. And by the way, now I’ve got his number.” She waved the small post-it note in front of his face as a flag of victory. Dean made attempts to grab it but failed and answered the phone instead.

“Hey, Cas. What’s up?”

“Hey, uh, I left my backpack in the back seat of your car. Could you maybe swing by here sometime tonight or tomorrow so I can grab it?” Cas sounded nervous and edgy on the phone, so Dean pictured the boy pacing around the room, picking trinkets up and putting them back in the same place.