Hate Is Present

Edited 14 July 2020

Oliver's POV:

"Practice in your room or in Oliver's room. I suggest you practice in the company of Oliver and in fox form you should hang around people as 'Oliver's pet' not really but you know," McGonagall says shooing me and Y/n out of the door. Y/n quickly changes into a fox and follows behind me.

"Hey! Oliver! Nice pet!" Percy yells from the hallway the day after.

Y/n had been trying to be my pet for the past two whole months.

"Thanks Percy!" I shout.

"Hey, Oliver. Where's Y/n?" Elizabeth asks suddenly.

"She had......uh to go home," I said quickly.

"Go home? She doesn't really have a home," Percy says. Y/n whimpers beside me but I made it seemed I stepped on her tail. Then Percy adds quickly "Well not anymore if you don't count yours."

"Uh......I gotta go," I said scurrying off to class dragging Y/n behind me.

"You're late, Mr. Wood! Care to explain?" Professor Lockhart says, giddily two months after Y/n had transformed.

"I was held up by peeves," I lie.

"Ah yes that happily horrible creature. Come in!" Lockhart says making a sweeping motion with his hand. "Well, well, well, what have we here?" Lockhart adds finally noticing y/a

"This is my new pet, Y/n," I said mentally cursing that I hadn't come up with a better name.

"Nice to know. Will Y/n be back in class this time?" Lockhart says. Then adds, "She is my favourite student other than Ms. Granger."

"Not that I know of. She's still in the infirmary," I said. This morning I had helped set up a curtain about a hospital bed making it look like she was in there.

"Ok. Here's her homework load," Lockhart says as he hands me a stack of papers.

During class I hear girls behind me talking ill of Y/n because she isn't here.

"I think Y/n isn't right for Oliver. I am," a girl with a very shrill voice whispers against my ear.

"Uh, honey, no. If it's anyone it should be me," a girl says sliding into the seat next to me. Y/n gives a protective stance and growls at the girl.

"Well, Castoff, he should decide. I don't think Y/n would mind if her boyfriend were to cheat to ease his guilt," the shrill voiced girl says.

"Well, Medusa, I think I'm the one because I have the best chemistry with him," Castoff girl says spilling scarlet ink all over my lap.

"Says you," I mutter using a spell to suck the ink off my robes.

"Oh, hi Oliver!" The Medusa girl says.

"Don't 'hi' me. I heard what you said and please I'd kindly prefer if you don't repeat such kind words about Y/n too loudly," I said clenching my teeth.

"I don't see Y/n around. I can't not be quiet," Medusa says as Castoff nods. "I think it's time I relieve myself of my suppressed thoughts."

"Yeah, like who would like a whore like Y/n? Who likes an attention vacuum? What attracts you to that bitch?" Castoff says.

"Wouldn't you like to go with a girl like us? You don't have to wear shades every time you look at Y/n?" Medusa says leaning closer to me.

"She's just a sad little girl. We can show you things she could never have the nerve to show you," Castoff adds.

"I'm sure it will be more pleasurable if you aren't tied to anyone but me," Medusa says almost kissing me. 'I've already squandered Y/n's trust once. I'm not gonna lose her again,' I thought to myself. I could hear Y/n's voice saying 'good thinking' in my head. I push the girls away and run to my room as Y/n follows after.