There's Always Next Year

Oliver's POV:

"Move out of the way!" The sickly cheerful voice of Lockhart says through the mass of people staining to get to my seeker.

"No don't!" Harry says weakly.

"Don't worry, it won't hurt anymore once I'm done!" Lockhart says cheerfully.

"He really should go to the infirmary" I said. I was still grinning because we won.

"He should be fine," Lockhart giddily exclaims. When I get a clear view, Harry has no arm. He has a fleshy glove instead. His friends go with him to the infirmary and I walk to Y/n's side.

"Well, I guess the Quidditch games are anything but boring. I just hope Harry's not fatally injured," Y/n says worriedly.

"He'll be fine. I guess Elizabeth will be happy that she will practice now," I say sighing realizing I was very short of breath.

"Hey, are you okay? You're panting," Y/n asks worriedly.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I said lying but I didn't want to worry Y/n.

Y/n's POV:

You noticed Oliver wasn't meeting your eye. During classes he would sit by you and act normal, but you would catch him sometimes clutching his side.

"Oliver, are you really okay? You're holding your side and really pale," you say.

"I-need-to-go-to-the-infirmary," Oliver pants.

"Let's go," you say. You grab hold of Oliver's arm and gently but firmly drag him to Madam Pomfrey.

"You should have come to me when you received to the injury. It has swollen and is infected. You've broken a rib, but it may take a while to heal," Madam Pomfrey says tutting and fretting around Oliver as he lay on one of the beds.

"I would've come but you were busy with Harry, so I decided to come later but forgot," Oliver says.

"I can understand a week but two months?! Really now? These teachers are really inept. Well, then carry on!" Madam Pomfrey says shooing you out of the room.

Oliver's POV:

"How long will it take?" I ask.

"Only an hour, you will be fine, Mr. Wood," Madam Pomfrey says gently. I remove my shirt and Pomfrey clicks her tongue at the large bruise that now covers my right side. She points her wand at the injury and slices it open. She then starts to syphon the puss that had leaked from the open wound. I let out a whimper but then bit my lip. Then she disinfected it with a clear-liquids that bubbled and stung like crazy. I groan ,and she mended the fractured rib and closed the gash she made in my side.

"You should hurry along for the final game of the year," she simply says as I got my shirt on.

"Thank you for helping me," I say as I turn to leave.

"Good luck today," she responds. I see Y/n propped against the wall.

Y/n's POV:

I see Oliver walk out of the infirmary and walk over to him.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah. Madam Pomfrey can mend anything," Oliver replies kissing my forehead.

"You need to go to the practice!" I exclaim realizing the final game was today.

"Relax. The team's ready," Oliver says happily.

"If you think so," I say while walking arm-in-arm toward the field.

Oliver's POV:

As we neared the pitch, the team comes running up.

"Oliver! You need to get changed!" Katie says.

"Alright, okay. I love you," I say to Y/n as I break away from her.

"I love you and be safe," Y/n says as she goes to the stands. I change into the Gryffindor robes. Once the team is ready and psyched, we walk out. Things were going awesomely as we walked but things went downhill when we were stopped by Professor McGonagall.

"The final match won't happen. It's too dangerous for anyone," she says.

"Why?" I ask.

"It's too dangerous and I can't risk the best team in the school," she says giving us one of her rare smiles.

"Okay," I sigh. McGonagall turns to tell the audience. After a while, Y/n comes into the tent.

"I'm guessing you heard," I say deflating.

"It's okay! There's always a next year!" Y/n says brightly.