Chapter 8

WEDNESDAY

Wirt's P.O.V.

Honestly being love sick really meant sick for me. It gave me a feeling of that I was going to throw up and the same for when I looked at my crush. Dipper though... I was in love with him so much that the feeling was ignored. I decided to make sure this was true and go to school and talk to him.

We haven't talked in a while since Beatrice has kinda gotten in the way, but it wasn't her fault, she was a nice girl, and she thinks me and Dipper are only friends. Well, we are, but hopefully that will change.

As I slouched in my desk chair at home, I had a brilliant idea and began jotting words on a piece of paper.

Finally they spelled this out:

Dipper, I'm sorry we haven't hung out in a few days. Want to have lunch with me?

-Wirt

I folded the note and planned to put it in his locker. Hopefully just a normal chat without me freaking out about how cute he is will occur.

***

Mabel's P.O.V

While I skipped to me and my brother's lockers he slowly bounded behind, looking a little sad. I decided to take action and stop in my tracks. "Dipper what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine." He said, saying the same lie everytime I asked.

"No, you're not. Obivously something is bugging you. Come on I'm your sister there's nothing to hide!"

"I think what I'm thinking is worth hiding from experience with you." He said, opening his locker.

"Pfft! That's in the past! I'm-" suddenly I stopped talking because I had caught a boy peaking at us from the corner. It didn't take me long to realize who.

"Wir-" I said but he noticed and went out of my sight to the other side of the wall. "Oh well."

Dipper put his unneeded text books in his locker and pulled out the Chemistry ones, the first period for him. I'm not so good though, at school. Luckily club pays off, that and being rich.

I heard Dipper gasp and looked at him to see him staring at a note somebody had probably put in his locker.

"Aye!!! What's that..?!" I asked, peeking up to him and trying to take the note.

Dippers face flashed red and he put the note close to his chest for protection against me. "N-nothing!! I got to get to class!!!" And with that he had ran into the hallway.

I sighed. Atleast he's not sad anymore for now.. I hope.

***

Dipper's P.O.V.

I almost broke my desk when the bell for lunch occurred. Quickly I got out of the room and ran to the outdoors where I see Wirt and Greg hang out for lunch usually. I don't spy on him or anything...

When I got there nobody was there and my shoulders slumped in sadness

Looks like he likes Beatrice after all.

"Boo!" A voice said into my air and I panicked.

"BILL I TOLD YOU TO-" I turned around to see Wirt and my face flashed red. "W-Wirt!!! I'm sorry...! I thought you were Bill!"

Wirt laughed cutely and smiled. "It's fine."

He motioned me to sit on the edge of the fountain with him and I got nervous of how close we were sitting, even though it was about a foot or two apart.

"So... What made you want to hang out to lunch again...?" I asked while taking a bite of some sushi. It's not a date it's not a date, I thought to myself trying to calm myself down.

"Just, you know, wanted to talk again you know? Jason and I are basically enemies and Bill Robbie and Gideon don't like me either. Well, Bill does but I don't appreciate how he teases me."

I laughed smally, "Bill teases everyone."

He nodded, "I've noticed." He took a bite of his sandwich.

"Hey, where'd you get that sandwich?" I asked, pointing to it.

"Oh uh..." He said nervously, afraid of his reputation, "don't laugh but I'm not very rich, my aunt just made this for me."

"It's so, bland by the looks of it." I took his lunch bag without his permission and examined what was inside. "All of these are so cheap! What is this Wirt...?!"

Wirt blushed out of embarrassment, "I told you I'm not rich..."

I stood up and made a declaration. "Friday! Come with me and Mabel to my house! My great uncles are really nice and love visitors!"

He blushed smally. "W-what?!"

I smirked. "You heard me right."

He then returned the smile. "Alright, I'll be there."