Chapter 9

FRIDAY

Wirt's P.O.V.

"I'm so happy you're visiting our house, Wirt!" Mabel said, skipping on the sidewalk as she walked me Dipper and I to their home.

"Well, I was invitied." I said, giving a smile to Dipper who replied by blushing embarrasingly.

Mabel nudging her brother's arm. "Dipper, why are we walking home? We didn't use the limo today?"

"You have a limo?!" I said with wide eyes.

"No. We have 3 limos." Mabel corrected.

"Stop it." Dipper said, encouraging Mabel not to brag. "I just thought the view on our walk home is nice, okay? That's all. We never see it."

Mabel gave a strange look to her brother and a awkward silence approached us for moments, until I cleared my throat and spoke up.

"Well, I think it's a nice view." I said smiling. "I never see things as nice as this at my neighbourhood."

Dipper and Mabel stared, not knowing what to say, until Mabel got the right words. "So, where do you live?" She asked me.

"Its never as big as any of these. Its just a one story house over in the west."

"One story!?" Mabel yelled. "Brother did you hear that?" She said, grabbing on Dipper's shoulder.

"Yes, I heard that." Dipper said annoying, then took her hand off his shoulder, clearly uncomfortable. Speaking of that, he was not looking himself, his awkward self, this whole trip to his house.

"Dipper, you okay?" I asked him

Dipper gave my a red flustered look and turned away quickly. "Y-yeah! I'm fine. We just don't have guests over that much, that's all!"

I sighed. "Alright if that's what it is."

***

We finally entered a neighbourhood after a few miles of walking. Huge mansions everywhere, with a normal sized house here and there.

"So... This is where you live," I guessed, "You live in this neighbourhood."

Suddenly Mabel burst into laughing, like she saw a huge zit on my face and was making fun of me. "What? What did I say?"

"This isn't a neighbourhood, Wirt," She said between laughs. "This whole thing is OUR house."

My eyes widened, not believing what I was hearing, "What? You own all of this?"

"Second biggest estate in the county, Buddy." Dipper said, helping her sister straighten up and stop laughing. "Care to go inside?"

"Which one is the main door?" I said, looking around. I still couldn't believe whoever the Pine's twins parents were could afford all of this.

"This way."

_

As we approached one of the buildings, Mabel told this story of how her great uncles Stan and Ford, were the ones they lived with. I asked about their mother and father, but both of them just stayed quiet. I didn't want to ask what happened, because with the silence, I'm guessing it wasn't pretty.