Chapter 16 ~ RENA

The Bot wouldn't leave Rena alone.

"Uhm, some privacy please?"

"And why would I do that?" It retorted. "Once I turn around, you would take that branch by your feet to capitulate me, which would probably just be you swatting me with the stick. And I would squeal in pain and beg you for mercy and bring you back to the Savior. Am I right?"

"...so you do have powers," was all Rena replied.

The Bot snorted, another human sound, and continued to stare at her.

Yes, her plan failed; but Rena still did desperately needed to go. "Can you at least half turn around?"

The Bot remained immovable.

"Please?"

Grunting, the Bot did a hundred-eighty degree turn. Rena scampered behind a nearby bush, and the Bot didn't move. I wasn't looking at her.

Perfect.

Rena dashed. She didn't know where she was, but she ran straight. Her bare feet sloshed against something wet and smelly, and Rena willed her mind to keep looking ahead and that it was just wet mud staining her feet.

Living on a plane her whole life, Rena's breath quickly shortened. She had never swallowed so much fresh air, felt so much sweat, panted so much before. Gulping down more air, she started running again—

"Where do you plan on running to?" A voice said into her ear. Before Rena could turn around, run, do anything, she was scooped up again into its arms into the sky.

"No! Put me down!"

"I hope you better have a good bladder because I am not going to let you out of my sight again," it seethed through its teeth.

Rena suddenly felt a churning in her stomach, but she pushed it down. "I am not going to Eden with you."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I am not!"

It reached the same towering tree and flew to the thickest branch. The branch didn't shake at all when the Bot landed heavily and when the girl squirmed like a worm.

"Yes, you are," it replied, its voice calm but bubbling with anger.

"No!" She kept pushing against its chest, hurting herself more than him. "Put me down!"

"No."

"Yes! Let me go!"

"No." The Bot tightened its hold around the girl's small body and sat down to sit against the trunk. "Since I obviously can't leave you out of my sight now, you're going to have to sleep with me."

"What?" She squirmed more, trying to kick its face, its chest; but it simply locked its arms around her and challenged her with its fierce eyes to continue.

She stopped moving, but she held her glare against its.

Monster. I hate you. She tried to send the message telepathically to it.