1.) Blondie

Chloe's P.O.V.

   At first, the pain was horrible. Almost unbearable. But now it beat more like a pulse. Boom, boom. boom. I am numb all over, I can't really feel anything. Boom, boom, boom. My head is hanging low, and my arms are tied behind my back, I feel hopeless. I can't remeber a time when I have ever felt like this.

   It's been over an hour. At least to the best of my knowledge. Blondie has stop his fun for the moment, and for that I am grateful. It's giving me a chance to regain my strength, to plan a way out of this damned cell. 

   I feel Luke and Alex trying to push their way into my mind. I will not let them in, I will not let them in, I will not let them in. I chant to myself. It was so tempting to let them take some of the pain, to relieve myself of just a little pain but I couldn't do that. I know better than to try to lift my head. I need this time to rest and think of away out but I do it anyway. I just need to see them. I need to know that their alright.

   Slowly I lift my head up, I can't quite make it. It hurts way to much to do so. Instead I lift my eyes up towards them, and what I see breaks my heart. Two pairs of blue eyes looking right at me. Their both looking at me, staring, watching my every movement. Alex looked like he was going to pass out any moment, a couple of tears ran down his face. Luke's eyes catch mine, we stared at each other for what seemed like forever.

   They were such a beautiful colour. They reminded me of the sea, a piercing dark blue. A safe place.  You could easily get lost in them. That's what I wanted to do, go somewhere else for a little bit. Get lost, be somewhere that I didn't have to think about the pain. But in doing so, I would let them into my mind.

    Which I knew I would never willingly do. If I let them in, they would want to take some of the pain. I won't let them do that, it is getting inflicted upon me, not them. I didn't need to drag them in it too. Make them feel this pain, it would overwhelm them both. 

It was something like mind linking with pack mates. You get bounded to the people that you spend time around. If someone in my pack was hurt I'd feel it as long as they were keeping their mind open. But if someone, like me, didn't want them to feel the pain, to take any of it, they would close their minds. Just like she was doing now.

   Luke moved even closer to the bars a little too close that I saw him jerk his hand back. I shook my head there was nothing that he could do and getting closer to the bars were not going to help anyone. 

   A burning smell filled my nose. It was mixed with the sent of silver. I could hear Blondie's foot steps coming towards me, hear the sound of the lock open and then closed. I couldn't hear anything else. It seemed that the world had shrunk to what was in his hands.

   My mind was screaming at me too do something, anything. But my body seemed froze, as I openly stared in horror at the red hot branding poker. I could feel the blood draining from my skin probably leaving my skin white as snow.

Blondie walked towards me slowly before he came to a stop in front of me. He leaned his face right against mine and whispered in my ear so that only I would hear. "This is going to hurt quite a bit." He pulled away from me but never broke eye contact. He spoke so that Luke and Alex could hear "Might not want to look." 

  This seemed to rattle up Luke and he started to yell at Blondie, but that all seemed to blur out as I watched this horriable hunter smirk. "Don't look." My voice came out crackly. Luke's voice stopped and I could feel his and my brothers gazes on me. "Don't, you don't want to see this" I repeated. "Please don't look."

   The hunters smile widened. We both knew what he was going to do. There was no use struggling, but I still did. I yanked at the bound rope that encircled my wrists. I tugged and I tuggged and yet the rope held me to the chair. He took his steps carefully, drawing out the time, he was enjoying my struggle. 

   "Angelina! This is going to hurt a lot, you need to be ready. Be strong"  I told her. She had to be strong for what was to happen. 

   I'm as ready as I will ever be. It wont hurt me as much as it will you. You will get the most physical pain and I'll get more of the emotional pain. I'm sorry that I can't protect you anymore. Her upset voice floating in my mind.  

   "Its okay, Angelina. I will be alright. I love you." I whispered back to her

   I love you too. 

   Breathing in a deep breathe I braced myself for the pain. Not that it would do anything. Blondie was going to burn my mates mark off of me. 

   Chase had marked me a couple of days ago. We had decided that we wanted to take the next step in our relationship. We didn't complete the whole mating transition, we had just marked each other, showing everyone that he was mine and I was his. We have not mated, it didn't give us all the perks that fully mated werewolves had but we could pick up on feelings that the other had if they were strong. But we couldn't mind link each other unless we used the pack link. Which Blondie and his friend have blocked by injecting wolves-bane in our bloodstream. The boys and I could only communicate with each other because we weren't physically that far away.

  There were only 3 ways to get rid of a mark. If one of the mates died, if one was marked by another or if it was burned off. I stared at Blondie with a new found rage. I hated this monster before me. Hunters thought we were cruel? I admit that most rouges were heartless, but to kill every werewolf that they in countered because of the actions of a few? That was a lot worse then anything we could ever do. And not a quick death either, they would drag it out for as long as they could, just because they found it enjoyable. Who were the real monsters here?

   "Ready?" He asked in a devilish voice. My answer was to spit in his face. His hand struck out so fast I didn't see it. The force of the blow had me knocked down to the ground. My cheek stung, guess he didn't take to kindly to that. I chuckled. Blondie was on me in an instant and kicked me in the gut.

   I looked up at him and smiled. It would annoy the crap out of him. It would, in the end cause more pain to me, but it was worth the hard look on his face that I wasn't cowering before him. Grabbing my chin with his filthy hands, I was forced to look him in the eye. "You will behave yourself, or your boyfriend over there gets it." He said well nodding his head their way. I knew that he was talking about Luke.

   My eyes traveled over to Luke and Alex's cell. Their eyes never seemed to leave this direction. I would do anything for those two. Take any kind of ideas Blondie had in his dark, twister mind. I looked back at him and noded sharply. "Good girl." He smiled, as he sat my chair right side up again. 

   He flipped my hair over to the right side, away from my mark. "Oh god. Don't you DARE touch her-" I guess he finaly figuered out that Blondie was going to burn my mark off, erasing any conection Chase and I had. Luke's voice was shut off from my brain as I watched helplessly as Blondie moved my head to the right. My mark was now exposed to this monster before me. He grinned down at me. It reminded me of a shark with sharp teeth.

  I stared into those cold eyes as he brought  the brander closer to my neck. He could at least see that I wasn't that easily broken. Or at least I thought.