8.) Life and Death

Chloe's P.O.V.

"Don' t be ridicules."  My mother says with a smile. "Your not dead yet. But you will be soon if we don't get down to the point." I nodded my head at her to continue. Not really knowing where this was  going. 

She looked at me, trying to decide where to began. My mother shook her head and said in a soft tone "Your in between two worlds, Chloe. Life and death." She paused and looked me square in the eye, making me nervous. "Your in a.....trance, or a coma. Which ever you prefer. Your not really dead, but your not really alive either."

"You have a choice, Chloe. You can come with me and die. Or you can go back to Luke and Alex and live. But before you make the choice, I want you to know that I will support whatever it is. I want you to know that I do love you, very very much."  She grabbed my hands and her blue eyes teared up. "And we will always see each other again, but some of the people down there still need you. They love you just as much as I do." Her pale hand came up and pushed a stray hair out of my face. 

I wanted to leave with my mother, I wanted to leave them all on their own. I wanted to be that little girl I was before all the hurt and pain. I wanted my mommy back. 

But then I saw the faces of Hannah, Jacob, Mike and Matt. The looks on Alex's and Chase's face if they found out I was dead. The one that hurt the most was that I might never see Luke again. 

What was I suppose to do? On one hand I could go with my mother and find peace but leave my friends and brother. On the other I could go back to my friends and brother, but I would probably experience a lot more pain and I would have to leave my mother. I didn't know if I could knowingly leave my mother again. 

I sighed and put a hand over my eyes. I ran my over hand on the soft  velvet chair, I was in. I needed time to think but there was no time. I lifted my hand and slowly lifted up my head and looked at my mother. 

There was something nagging at the back of my mind. I just couldn't put my finger on it, but I knew that it was important. Like a missing puzzle piece, that was almost complete. I stared at my mother, her beautiful blue eyes watching me intently. 

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I closed it with a snap. She didn't say anything, just waited for my answer. 

I know what I am going to chose, I didn't know if it was the right one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke's P.O.V.

They finally let me in to see her. As soon as the doctors came out, I rushed in. I felt my body freeze. The overly white room made her seem tiny and pale. Her eyes were closed and I would have given anything to see them open. 

I sat beside her bed and grabbed her hand. Her face seemed clear of any injuries, I knew that under the thin sheet covering her tiny body was bruised and bloodied. I kissed her forehead and sighed. At least she was going to get better.

I got up and went to the bathroom that was off of her room. Grabbing a small bowl that was on a self, I filled it up with luke warm water and sat back next to Chloe. Taking a wash cloth, I wiped down her arms, careful not to rub to hard in case of hurting her even more. 

After I finished washing Chloe down I took her hand again. She looked so peaceful, calm. Something I haven't seen on her for a while. I pulled the blanket around her when she shivered. 

I was going to find the hunter who hurt my Chloe, and I was going to make them pay. But for now I was going to make sure that Choe was okay.