2.) Mark

Chloe's P.O.V.

   It was an imaginary pain that I felt. It was not only a physical pain and emotional pain, it was on a whole new level. A different world opened up as the pain spread all over my body. One that held no colour and you could feel the sadness in the air, it crawled deep in your skin. The kind of world were love and kindness was a fairy tale. 

   I felt my tie that connected me to Chase, catch on fire and burn. That's what it felt like, like I was on fire and inches away from life saving water. But I couldn't get an inch closer, no matter how much I might want or need it. I screamed the moment that he pressed the brander down. I screamed like I have never screamed before. A loud high pitch sound, that for a moment I didn't know belonged to me. I tried to kick my legs out and punch the guy responsible for delivering such pain. But my arms and legs were bound, useless. I even tried to bite him, but I couldn't reach his skin. I still struggled, but it grew harder and harder to do so. The pain was just too tiring.

   A enormous amount of time passed for me, until he final got tired of me screaming and took the poker off. My head felt dizzy and I couldn't really see or hear anything. My head suddenly became very heavy. Everything I did seemed to use up a lot of energy. Even lifting my eyes up. 

  It was a sweet blessing when I fell into the arms of unconsciousness.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   When I came around my mind was doing kart wheels and there was a giant ache on my neck and in my heart. What happened? I thought dizzily. I faintly heard the sound of murmuring. I moaned, putting my hand to my head. God, did I hurt.

  I sat up my head protesting the whole way, to find that I was on a small cot. I looked up to see silver bars. It all came rushing back. The kidnapping and my mark. My breathing was speeding up as I lightly touched the left side of my neck, where my mark should be. I flinched, and brought my hand down. All that remained of my once beautiful mark, was now a painful burn. 

   I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream too. But most of all I wanted to see my pack again. Pack.....Luke and Alex! I jumped off of my small cot, ignoring the pain, and walked as close as I dared to the silver bars. "Luke? Alex?" I called softly.

   There was movement from the cell in front of me. Out of the shadows came Luke and Alex. "Are you guys okay?" I asked.

  "Were okay, but never mind about us. Are you okay?" Luke called back. His eyes searching mine. In that moment I wanted nothing more then to weep and tell him that I was anything but okay. But I had to be strong right now, it wasn't the time to sob. I would get plenty of time for that later, right now we had to find a way out of this cell.

  "I'll live." I answered. "We have to find a way out of here and get back to the pack." I stated. But before either of them could respond a door opened at the end of the corridor. 

    Two figures standing side by side came briskly down the narrow hall, and stopped in front of us.  It was Blondie and his friend from before.  Luke was in full attack mode. I could tell just by the way he clenched his jaw, and was slowly curling his hands into fists.

   "There's no way out of here Chloe. Unless you have a key." The man next to Blondie spoke. His voice was clear and strong. No hit of worry about telling me the way to escape.