.seven.

"There's just something obvious about emptiness, even when you try to convince yourself otherwise."

SARAH DESSEN

🔹🔸🔹

        "OMG Sophia, last time I saw you, you carried black hairs

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

        "OMG Sophia, last time I saw you, you carried black hairs." She playfully hit my arms. I smiled. No matter who she relates to, or whatever, she knows the truth about me and she chose to help me. "Though those were bad one's."

"Aye, the black hairs suited me." I killed the joke. We laughed and took our seat in the same old cafe, I always used to visit. This place was my heaven and the people, were my everything. Now there's only heaven but nothing left.

"The bangs on brunette has always been a cute comeback." She winked. It is a rather shock on how close we came in last one year. "You rock the look."

"They call me the queen of the style ." I winked back. "But look at you, all grown up lady."

She smiled. "The glow of marriage, it is."

"And also the baby, huh?" I asked with a huge smile on my lips. The girl is soon going to be a mother.  "Oh, that's the gift of being married." She laughed at her own joke.

"It's almost six months. I'm so damn excited. Everybody else is too. Mom, dad, everyone." She explained. The waiter walked out, was an old man, he looked cute with the wrinkled face. We gave our orders. "Are you the girl, umm, the Payne girl?" He asked, confused with his own words.

What the Fuck.

"Err, no." I lied, trying not to fumble. Who is he? How does he know me?

"I'm an old man, pardon me. My memory doesn't support me at times. The girl was beautiful and so are you. You are a total shadow of her. If she was alive today, she would have had the same feature as you. I'm sorry."

"No, that's okay." I replied, a little shocked still and then he left.

"People do remember you here. No one has ever forgot you. The college people, the street neighbors, the cafe people, me, your friends and ..."

"Stop. Doniya, please." I cut her before she could finish what she started.

"What, Sophia?" She gave me a look. "You have to accept the fact. I remember you, the old man does, then how do you expect him to forget you?" She asked, raising her voice. "You were his everything."

"I was and now I'm nothing." I coldly answered. She rolled her eyes on me. "The world will know that you're alive. What will you do then?"

The One That Got Awayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें