.nine.

"You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun."

- SHAUN HICK

🔹🔸🔹

        The wedding was over

        The wedding was over. Alice Lawson was finally Alice Jeremy Derkin. She was the best bride of this season. She walked down the aisle in white gown tucked with flowers at the edges giving it the perfect finish. Jeremy managed to suit up too. He looked one of a gentleman. They were a fairytale couple. The love in his eyes proved, he would never leave Alice's side. When they were asked to kiss, he planted a long lasting kiss on her forehead. That reminded me of the old days when forehead kisses were a charm of my relationship with him.

Stop, Sophia !

I could be convincing myself with the words, but what about the heart that goes back to the same old heavenly yet painful memories? The heart wants what it wants.

No, my heart doesn't want what it had back then. My heart hates that perfect face, the mysterious yet beautiful smile, the ever made happy memories with the person. My heart envies to have loved him unconditionally.

"Hey, Emily. Are you even listening?" Jasper waved a hand on my face. I blinked my eyes. "Yeah, what?" I asked not sure if I heard his words. "Your phone's ringing." He said. I nodded and grabbed my phone. Aaron, read the contact I.D.

Why is this guy calling me? Did we do something wrong and against their will? I received the call and placed the phone in between my ear and shoulder as I was chopping an apple for Lucy. She was busy on a call and I said, I would eat fruits only if she did too. We have to leave soon after the newly married couple throw their one last just married party.

"Hello." I spoke through the phone. "Hi, Emily." Greeted the person from the phone. "I hope you aren't busy." He asked. "Um, no. Tell me." Being formal, I asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me. I mean, I could show you the town." He asked, hesitating. I guess Lucy heard to what he asked because the volume of the phone was high and she was seated right next to me, she cleared her throat.

She mouthed "say yes" while I just rolled my eyes.

"I have to pick up flowers for the party that's tomorrow, Aaron. Also I have to get the final works done." I made an excuse. It's not like the guy is abrasive, but I don't think I could go out with him. He seems to be a guy of affection while i'm just an antipathy.