My Light

Dericks POV

His day went too bad.He spent the whole day convincing Ann that there was nothing going on between him and Dan.He didn't get to spend the day with Dan as planned and he was really sad about it.

When he got to his room he sighed and sat on his bed.He remembered the events from morning and chuckled.Only and only Dan could pull him from the bed to wake him up.His curtains were drawn blocking his view towards Dans window.He stood up and went to his window and peeked to see what was Dan upto.

He saw she was dancing to some random song.She then took her hair dryer and pretended to sing on a mic.He laughed.This girl was something.One look and five seconds and as if he never had that bad day with Ann.

He continued looking at her.She never wore her glasses at home.She looked pretty even with them.When she smiled her whole face lightened up.Where as whenever Ann smiled it looked nothing but fake.His parents loved Dan.Ann on the other hand had a hard time impressing his parents.

He knew this girl since he learnt to walk.She was always there.From his first crush to his last break up she knew everything.She had seen him at his best and worst.

He pulled out his phone and texted Dan.

Derick:Nice moves Dan;)

He looked up and she had paused the music and was looking at her phone.He watched as she read the text and her eyes grew wide.

He laughed.She quickly looked at his window and saw him.He winked at her and drew his curtain back in place.

Without her knowing he took one last peek at her.Her face was flushed red.She quickly drew the curtains.He saw her lights go out and turned back to his bed with a smile on his face.

He was amused at how he came in totally upset and now he couldn't get that silly smile off his face.Little did he know that he was starting to like his childhood best friend.