I'm Definitely No Party Girl

The girls came over to my place to get changed so they could follow Alex to the party since they didn’t know where it was. “Where exactly are your party clothes?” Chelsea demanded. “In the sealed up box.” I called to her. “Gosh your house is huge! You’re as rich as the populars.” Isabelle gushed from the bathroom. I rolled my eyes. “Why is this box so sealed up with tape damn it?!” I went into my wardrobe. “Because I don’t party.” I pointed out. “Most of those clothes still have the tags on them.” It was true, most of my ‘party’ clothes and shoes where purchases my old friends in Texas got me. Chelsea finally managed to claw the box to shreds and was rummaging through the outfits. I sighed. “Just please don’t make me look like a hooker.” I pleaded. Chels smiled wickedly. “We’re going to make you so amazing that no one can keep their hands off you.” I stuck my tongue out at her. “That’s gross.” the doorbell rang. The girls raised an eyebrow. “Isn’t it like an hour and a half before the party even starts?” I glanced at the clock. “Um, yeah.” my phone buzzed and I answered. “Are you going to let me in or what?” he said immediately. “Oh hi Alex.” I replied sarcastically. I sighed and went downstairs to open the door. He was wearing a plain white shirt the fitted his body showing off his muscles, jeans and bikers boots. Even though I strongly disliked him, I couldn’t deny he was freaking hot. He smirked when he noticed me staring, and then eyed me up and down. “Is that what you’re wearing?” I was wearing cotton shorts and a thin tank. “It’s an hour and half before the party even starts.” I pointed out. He shrugged. I sighed and let him in. “Well, you’re going to have to wait.” He smirked. “Don’t rush. I want you to look hot.” “Jerk.” I muttered and went back upstairs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh my god.” Isabelle gasped. Even Chelsea was silent. They had just finished dressing my up and done my makeup. “Oh god. What? Do I look like a clown?” I asked frantically. I got up to dash to the bathroom when they stopped me. Chels put her hand to her heart in mock hurt. “I would never.” I stood there nervously. “Why the dramatic statements then?” Izzy threw her hands in the air. “What do you think? Girl you look g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!!” I flushed. “As if. Look at you two!” I insisted. She waved a dismissive hand. “Yeah, yeah, but go look at yourself.” I went to the bathroom afraid of what I would see. Did I look like a clown? I flicked the light on and gaped at my reflection. “Told ya.” Chels smirked triumphantly. “I should totally be a stylist.” “Is that really me?” I gasped. I was wearing a cat print long shirt dress, with black-transparent tights and black pumps. My hair was in a simple fish tail which hung off my left shoulder and wavy strands framing my face. My makeup was pretty simple, Chels was going for the ‘natural’ look, with light pink/nude lipstick, whatever she did to my eyelids and waterline made my eyes look an even brighter green and luminous. My cheek bones looked sharper. I poked my face. “How is that even me?”  Izzy gestured at the time. “We should get going, the party probably in full swing by now and Alex is waiting.” My eyes widened in horror. I had totally forgotten about him and we’ve taken ages. I went downstairs trying not to full over my heels. “Took you long enough. I know it probably takes ages to make you look decent but-” I hardly paid attention to his insult. “Have you seen my phone?” “Yeah there.” I barely noticed how breathless he sounded either. I inspected my phone suspiciously. “Did you do something to it?” I realised he was silent and for the first time since I went down stairs I looked at him. He looked dazed, his eyes wide and lips parted and he was looking right at me. “Yesss?” I asked uncomfortably with all his staring. Izzy and Chels giggled. Alex seemed to snap out of it as he cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. “Uh... you look great.” Aw, he looked cute when he was all uncomfortable. Oh shut up. I mentally rolled my eyes at the voices in my head. “Um thanks.” He reached for his eyes. “Let’s go.”