I'm Seriously the Worst at Staying Calm

I blindly moved my hand around my bedside table in search for my phone.

“Hello?”

I asked groggily once I finally found the noisy device.

“Where are you?!”

Izzy screamed. I bolted upright so abruptly I fell off the bed tangled in my blanket. I groaned a rubbed my sore backside.

“Laurel??”

I sighed.

“Hello?” “Where are you??”

Izzy repeated, I could hear Chels in the backround.

“At home.”

I replied annoyed that she woke me up.

“Well you should have at least told us you weren’t coming to school.” she accused.

My head snapped up the sleepiness in me gone.

“What?!” I shrieked.

I struggled in the sheets and finally tore them off and scrambled up to see the little clock on my bedside table. 9:30am. I gave a frustrated cry and dropped my phone in my bed and raced into the bathroom to shower.

**

“Hey.” I muttered as I dropped next to them in the cafeteria.

“You okay?” Chels asked concerned. “Why were you late?”

“Slept in.” I said sheepishly.

They laughed.

“Alex came and asked if you were here.” Izzy whispered.

I felt my face drain. “We said you weren’t here so he left.” she carried on.

 Ice froze my spine.

“Does... does everyone know I took him home from the party on Saturday?”

 I crossed my fingers and prayed she would say what I wanted to hear.

“Yeah.” she said enthusiastically. “Everyone knows and is talking about it. You’re popular!”

the little colour left in my face was gone and I know I looked like I saw a ghost. I stood up accidently knocking my tray aside.

“I have to go.”

with that I ran, eyes watching me, lips moving in whispers.

I ran out into the car park.

“Wait!” a voice yelled.

I paused, my heart sank and I almost doubled over and retch. I straightened. No matter what, I had to keep up my act.

“What do you want?” I asked harshly.

Alex flinched. “I wanted to ask you something.”

I flicked my hair ‘impatiently’ “Well I don’t have all day.” my voice was annoyed.

 Really, I should get an Oscar for this. He swallowed.

“If you hate me so much... then why did you take me home?”

 I could feel the sweat on my palms, then it was like a light bulb went off in my head.

Because.” I said carelessly, I forced a bitchy smirk on my face.

“Iz and Chels paid me to do it.”

With that I walked to my car and pulled out leaving him in the dust.

**

Okay now that I had calmed down and was thinking straight again, it probably wasn’t a good idea to go out alone without telling anyone where when you promised your abusive ‘boyfriend’ that you wouldn’t even look at Alex again, and there I was the other day taking him home and the word was spreading like a wildfire. Panic stirred inside me.

I’m seriously the worst at staying calm.

I hurriedly drank the rest of my iced coffee and went back to my car.

My scream was muffled as a rough hand clasped over my mouth and the person dragged me to the very back of a dead end alley way.

“Did you think you could get away with it baby doll.” Jake whispered in my ear. “You have just pissed me off.”

with that he pushed me away and before I could regain my bearings his fist made contact with my face. It was like all the air had rushed out of my lungs and I opened my mouth but no sound came out but a whimper. He straddled me.

“How does that feel baby doll?”

 he leaned in and kissed me, more like rammed his tongue down my throat, I was too weak to fight back. He smirked and grabbed the back of my shirt lifting me up.

“Don’t ever cross me again.”

and with that he slammed me against the rough brick wall, and I found, that I did have enough air to scream after all.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I’m so sorry I haven’t updated in forever!! The last few weeks of school have been absolutely hectic, assessment after assessment due and test after test. But I promise I will update more frequently soon. I have 3 more days left of school (I finish on Thursday) a couple of parties to attend and I’m all yours for summer vacation!

While you wait for updates please read ‘Faking Delinquency’ by TaintedRain it is the BEST teen fiction book I have ever read in the whole world. Like I could freaking write an essay about how good it is. Seriously, read it!!!

If you haven’t already PLEASE follow me!!!

Please vote/comment/share <3

Stay Beautiful x