F O U R

"Don't tell Bella anything..."

Alessia met her brothers topaz eyes in the rearview mirror as he drove, her own narrowing slightly as she realized what he meant.

Since the couple had arrived home last night the eldest twin had been informed of the failed missions to kill Victoria and although he was not mad about it, he certainly wasn't jumping with joy either. Clearly Bella had known something was up as she had been flickering her eyes between the siblings since they had come to pick her up. Normally, Alessia would drive her own shiny black mustang but since her brother still didn't want to let her out of his site she was forced to drive with the couple every morning. Now more then ever she wished not to be in the car as she didn't see the need to lie.

Choosing not to alert Bella just yet and being the annoying younger sister she was her face went blank and her tie between her brother was fortified. With her eyes locked she used the ability that came as flexible as breathing to her, mind linking. Her mental abilities were much more expanded then her brother Edwards who was only able to read others minds, she could not only do that but link various minds at the same time, of course that was just a small dose of what the girl could do.

She sat up a little straighter in her seat, her eyes flickering to the green foliage passing them as Bella quickly turned her head. When the brunette girl noted nothing out of the ordinary she relaxed, sending an embarrassed smile to her boyfriend before going back to toying with the phone in her hand.

"And why in the hell would I do that?"

Alessia could hear her brothers diamond strengthen fingers flex over the leather topped steering wheel, almost picture the impatient look that crossed his features in a blink.

"Because I don't plan on telling her, the less she knows the better. Bella can get a little adventurous with things like this, she wants to get more involved and I can't have her going off and getting killed because of your big mouth."

The snark in her brothers words forced a huff to escape Alessia's lips, a roll of her eyes following as she adjusted her dress.

"Well, maybe it'll be my big mouth that stops her from running off with that wolf boy you idiot... how could you possibly think keeping secrets from the girl you love is a good idea? It's bad enough you practically forced her out of the state just because Alice had a vision your overdramatic bitch."

Her curt words sliced into her brothers ego easily, it took very minimal effort on Alessia's part to do these things. She's been with him for over a century and along with irritating his existence she could distinguish every reaction he made which is precisely why she met his smoldering eyes in the rear view mirror with a raise of her perfectly arched brow and a smug grin across her face, she'd won this bout.

Instead of answering, Edward looked away, his sister sighing out in relief as she locked away the capability and went back to pondering.

Her mind wandered back to the night of the fight, the way Jacob had growled so fiercely when his friend, his pack member had attacked her. That was the first time she had ever actually seen all the wolves in action, and coincidentally she had been introduced to not only the rest of her family but also Jacobs pack as his imprint. Surely that left a lasting mark on everyone watching as she would catch site of her family members looking at her rather oddly.

It was intriguing.

She remembers her first meeting with Jake, the way they hadn't even spoke words to one another yet it had been decided neither wanted anything to do with one another, had it been a mutual agreement though? Or had she just gone along with Jacobs neglect and decided that it was the best course of action.