N I N E

"You need more lipstick, pink lipstick." Alice ordered the strawberry blonde while her pale hand held out a tube of the substance, her head simply turning instead of tilting upwards as she did with most of her family. Alessia was just her height however, both petite as ever.

Said girl rolled her eyes in annoyance, snatching the small make up product from her sisters hand. She looked in the reflection of one of the cars parked next to the gym to help, applying the soft colored cream to her lips. "I don't see why you make these things such an extravaganza Alice, in 2 years we will be right back to doing the same thing. It's boring really, they could just send my diploma in the mail and I'd stack it with the pile in my room."

Alice smacked her sister, stern voice present, "could you be any louder?"

"Yes, yes I could."

The raven haired girl rolled her eyes, moving her gaze towards Jasper who simply grinned at their small discussion. He was adjusting the cap on the crown of his head, blonde curls sticking out and some wrapping around the ends of the cap. The little tassel swayed by his face as he wrapped an arm around Alice, "look at it this way Alessia, one step closer to being out of Forks."

"In that case someone just hand me the thing right now." She answered back, satisfied with the amount of color on her lips and straightening out as her brother and his girlfriend came into view, cast still on Bella's arm. It's been two weeks since the whole Jacob incident had happened and the strawberry blonde had never moved on from a situation more quickly. She was good at pushing things away, good at masking the sorrow and grief that attacked her once in awhile but even so her brother knew her better.

Bella hugged her first, arms tightening around the shorter girl as she attempted not to stain the cannery yellow gown. "How do you manage to make this color look good."

"It's a gift really," Alessia answered her playfully, pushing her curled hair behind her ear. "So... excited for your first ever graduation?"

Bella pulled away from hugging Alice to look into her way, eyes betraying her for just a second but long enough to see how shocked she was Alessia kept it together. The light haired girl chose to ignore as Bella answered, "nervous is more like it. Maybe we shouldn't be throw this party tonight with everything that's happened."

Alice shook her head, "nonsense, we are having this party. Come rain, snow..."

"War," Alessia snorted, chiming in yet another one of obvious situations that could occur. Her words hung in the air for a second before she was looking back at Bella. "There's nothing to be nervous of alright, a few years... you'll be a pro. Now if they'd kindly hurry this up it would be much appreciated."

Bella nodded, her eyes staying put on Alessia though like she had something else to say. Alessia watched as her eyes went to Edward quickly before returning back. Her eyebrow raised, "what's going on?"

Bella pursed her lips, her boyfriend sighing as he turned to his sister with a soft expression. "Jacob is here along with some wolves and his father."

Alessia felt her heart sink and hammer, a rather harsh occurrence that had her hand clasping her stomach. She swallowed the anxiety climbing up her throat and forced her ears to follow Bella's lips, "I think my dad invited them... I didn't know. I'm sorry, Alessia, he won't come near you. I promise."

Alessia felt her lips clamp together and her posture grow rigid, as if she were going to protect herself from pain and anguish. Just the reminder of Jacob brought an ache to her chest, one that bombarded her with visions of the boy. His crestfallen expression the more she'd spoken and gotten him back for the pain he'd caused her. The worst part was she could still feel his lips against hers, and the pressure he used as if to keep her forever as his protection. It wasn't hard to remember how overjoyed she'd been for a few short seconds, already imagining how much easier it could have been with him if only his words hadn't echoed in her head.