E I G H T

human life

human life

"It's a miracle your brother hasn't killed me yet." Drake joked, gunning his long fingers through Alessia's silk like hair. He had admitted to her hundreds of times how much her hair intrigued him, how he wanted to paint the world in its glorious sunset color.

Alessia laughed, sitting up on her bed and pulling her knees to her chest. The night gown she wore pulled up and showed her creamy legs, Drakes golden eyes casually giving them a glance before focusing on her naked face.

Her dimpled smile lit up as his words, green eyes twinkling in the way he adored. Alessia pushed her long hair behind her ear and sighed, "he does not want to kill you. If he hated you then he wouldn't help me see you every week at the bakery."

"He doesn't know I'm in here almost every night though, Edward would murder me if he found out." He clarified, snorting quietly and his golden eyes flashing back towards the door. "Everyone would murder me for being with Alessia, an engaged women and Isaac Parks fiancée at that."

There wasn't any sign of fear in his eyes, not even a trace of anger, Alessia knew his eyes far too well, it was more resentment that clouded his eyes, like the thought of her being engaged brought sadness towards him. Her hand lifted, placing itself over his strong cheekbones and focusing his golden eyes on her emerald ones. She tapped their foreheads together softly, "hey, look at me. We promised not talk about that, all of that is out there, this is our world. I don't want to hear about what's going out there, I want to hear about you and your brother Tony's dreams to play baseball, I want to hear about your crazy mother who thinks she could make edible flowers."

Drake smiled, God he loved her and he had no clue when he would say it to her. She was kind and caring, an angel who had lost her way and sacrificed her grace to help others. Everyday he looked at her he couldn't help but imagine the way they could grow old together, seeing her green emerald eyes pop open every morning and hearing her sleepy voice. How he wished to kiss her pouty lips everyday and hold her soft hands until both of them were too old to tighten against one another. He wanted nothing more then to live with her for the rest of his days, this perfect angel he convinced himself was for him, and yet here he was, letting her slowly slip through his fingers. How could he not think about her upcoming wedding or the asshole she would be tied to forever. Drake had never thought much of money, but for this girl he'd kill the king himself if it granted him the crown.

His heart deflated as he thought of a world where they could run off together, where they could be free to marry one another. A sad smile made its way onto his lips, "it's getting harder to climb up the vines, your mother seems to be up all night lately."

Alessia sighed, knowing there was no way around the wedding and nodded. They both needed to stay in reality, sadly enough. "The closer the wedding grows, the more I'm convinced she'll need to be hospitalized. And if weren't for her endless tears I'd think this was the wedding of her dreams. Isaacs mother is driving her insane, constantly wanting my mother to watch what I eat and changing details every few hours. I swear the family gets worse and worse as the times go by. If It weren't for you and Edward I might need to be medicated, the good news though Edward practically has his acceptance to Harvard in hand, Mr. Park is just holding it over his head. If that doesn't work out and he's lying then there's a strong possibility Edward could get an internship with a medical office which would defeat the purpose of me marrying Isaac but it's better then anything. Also, Isaac slapped my ass the other day and I managed to get him to dump an entire bowl of soup on his lap, I think you'll be proud of me for that one. Your turn."