Tell The Story

~~~(After the battle(sorry! Frisk was unconscious after their souls merged.)~~~

"C'mon Frisk, wake up already. Stop mumbling in your sleep. It's over," I heard Sans say.

"SANS! DO NOT RUSH THE HUMAN'S SLEEP! YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES ME TO WAKE YOU UP!!!" Papyrus yelled in reply.

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times. I looked around and saw that I was laying on the couch with the skelebros sitting next to me on the floor. I couldn't find Undyne and Alphys anywhere. Sans lit up and looked like a child getting a puppy.

"What-" I began to say.

"-Happened? Well, I merged our souls. I wasn't planning on doing that until later, like, when... Or if we're together, together. It was the only way I thought was powerful enough to even have a chance at fighting. If Flowey has at least one soul, he can still become a worse monster than he already is," Sans explained, cutting me off.

"How come anyone can just merge two souls together and get so much power? Shouldn't the monsters be like, super powerful beings?" I asked.

"To successfully merge souls, one must have great care and love to the other and vice versa. Basically, the sappy way of saying it is that each soul has to love each other for it to work. I had hoped that our souls would've been able to merge easily but it didn't last too long."

I looked at Sans who was staring off into his thought. Then he continued.

"As soon as our souls merged, I felt as weak as you did. With the small amount of strength I had, I went straight at Papyrus with a Gaster Blaster, attempting to kill off Flowey. Papyrus may not be the strongest but he does have a decent amount of health. I knew that I could kill off Flowey and have Papyrus alive. So I tried to do just that. After that one attack, our souls broke apart. I guess we aren't too far in a relationship for the power to remain. My vision was too blurred to see anything clearly. I threw as many bones into Papyrus' direction as I could bear. Flowey ended up vanishing either from death or running away."

"What about Alphys and Undyne? They helped too right?" I asked, sitting up on the couch.

"Yes. They managed to hold down Papyrus long enough for me to finish off Flowey. He shouldn't bother us anymore. Now that I think of it, how did all of this happen, Papyrus?"

Papyrus looked down at his gloves. Then he looked to the side. I could've sworn I saw him begin to cry. Sans patted him on the back, saying that everything was going to be okay and that it would help all of us if he told what happened to him. Papyrus sighed and began to speak.

"I...I WAS AT TORIEL'S HOUSE A FEW YEARS AGO. SHE INVITED ME OVER FOR SOME BUTTERSCOTCH CINNAMON PIE. AS I WALKING INTO THE RUINS, A LITTLE YELLOW FLOWER BEGAN TO TALK TO ME. AS CURIOUS AS I WAS, I WALKED OUT OF THE RUINS AND BACK INTO THE FOREST. IT BEGAN TALKING TO ME ABOUT UNDYNE AND OUR TRAINING..."

~~~(FLASHBACK 3 YEARS AGO)~~~(NO LONGER IN FRISK'S P.O.V.)~~~

"I see that Undyne has been giving you some battle lessons, Papyrus?" the little flower asked.

"WHY YES! BUT...HOW DO YOU KNOW OUR NAMES? WHAT IS YOUR NAME?" Papyrus turned to face the flower.

"I'm Flowey. Flowey the flower. I have my ways of eavesdropping on monsters all around the Underground."

"AH! NOW, ABOUT UNDYNE? SHE HAS BEEN GIVING ME FUN PUZZLES AND BATTLE SCENARIOS TO TRAIN ME. SHE IS GOING TO MAKE ME BECOME A ROYAL GUARDSMAN!" Papyrus said, kneeling down to speak with Flowey.

"You sure about that? Do you honestly think that she'll make you a Royal Guard? You've been training for so long! I think you were ready MONTHS ago, Papyrus!" Flowey exclaimed.

"REALLY? YOU THINK SO? SO WHY HASN'T UNDYNE SEEN MY GREATNESS?"

"Maybe you aren't working as hard as you could be... Hey! I have an idea! Why don't I help you? I can attach myself to you and I can control your movements!" Flowey said eagerly.

"HMMM... I'LL ALLOW IT!" Papyrus said, thoughts of showing off to Undyne flowing through his skull. He stood proudly as Flowey wrapped a few weak vines around Papyrus' left arm.

"Under one condition," Flowey said firmly, constricting his vines, making Papyrus flinch.

"You have to follow whatever I say!" Flowey said, showing off his evil smile and dead eyes. "First off, I've seen little Frisky get a little cutesy around Sans. I want you to keep them apart. They know that I'm still alive and looking for power. If they do end up falling in love, I'd hate for their souls to merge and kill me."

Papyrus' smile faded to a frown. He didn't want to keep Frisk and Sans apart. He encouraged his brother to confess to Frisk. Then again, he really wanted to show off to Undyne with Flowey's help. At first, he could only think about himself and accepted Flowey's deal.

"Excellent, Papyrus. Now just let me handle things from here." Flowey said, moving into Papyrus's shoulder.

~~~(PRESENT TIME/END OF FLASHBACK)~~~(BACK TO FRISK'S P.O.V.)~~~

"HE NEVER PERSUADED UNDYNE IN THE END," Papyrus ended. Tears began to spring from his eyes.

"Flowey's been hurting you, hasn't he? Is that why you used to flinch at your shoulder?" I asked. He nodded.

"All of that is over now, Pap," Sans said, hugging both me and Papyrus.

I knew that things were going to be okay. Especially since I knew that Sans' soul and mine could merge. Maybe he really does love me to death.