Telling the Parents

<<< Scott's POV >>>

"So what you're saying is you haven't found anything yet?" I asked Deaton.

Yesterday I found out that my best friend, who is a guy, is pregnant, however that works? And it is with Derek! I hadn't been able to stop glaring at the guy since they told us and I wasn't going to stop. So far, from what I'd heard, he was sentencing Stiles to death.

"Unfortunately no. I have no solution as of yet. But I do have some leads. I heard about a ritual that was being practiced in Ancient Rome. I will be leaving to go and see if this thing is a for sure way of helping Stiles. At the moment I don't think we have any other options but to chase down every lead we can."

"Wait, you're leaving?" Derek asks. "But what about Stiles. What if something happens?" I narrow my eyes at him. I don't like this new Derek. The Derek that has become soft when around Stiles. I don't know him and therefore don't trust him.

"I don't think you have anything to worry about yet. Being so early in the pregnancy, nothing much will happen. Well, with normal pregnancies anyway. You won't actually start to feel much until about three and a half months. Other than the throwing up, mood swings, cravings, and because it's most likely half werewolf and the fact you're male, a bit of pain or discomfort."

Stiles nods slowly and I feel sorry for him. This wasn't meant to happen to him. He was supposed to have a normal teenage life. Or as normal as it can be in Beacon Hills. He was supposed to finish school and go to college. He already had it all planed out so we would all keep in touch and stick together. But Derek had taken that away from him and I was never going to forgive him for that.

I was so deep in thought that I hadn't noticed that Deaton had been talking.

"... So I'm leaving in two days and will be back as soon as I find something that could help us. Now have you told your parents yet?"

Stiles shook his head.
"No. I haven't."

"Well I suggest doing it soon. You too Scott. If you tell them before I leave I can get your mom to check up on Stiles' progress while I am away."

Stiles looks over at me and nods.
"Okay. I'm going to tell my dad when I get home tonight. How about you invite you mom over for dinner so we can tell them together?"

"Yep. That sounds like a better plan that doing it alone."

"Yeah. Oh and I'll hide my dads gun before you get there too." I smirk. At least he still has sarcasm on his side.

We discuss a few more things with Deaton before we all leave to go home. Just before we're about to head out the door Deaton calls out to us.

"Now don't forget that it's a full moon tomorrow night so everyone be careful, I heard that the Argents have family in town. And Stiles, be carful. I don't know how it is going to affect you so don't spend it alone. Make sure someone is with you until the moon cycle is over."

Stiles nods and we all say our goodbyes.

*            *            *            *            *            *
(Back at the Stilinski house)
<<< Stiles' POV >>>

"Hey Dad, I've kind of invited Scott and Melissa over for dinner tonight. I hope that's okay?" Thankfully Dad had a day off today so this was going to work.

"Sure. Is there a special reason for this or...?"

"No. Not really. Just thought that it would be nice. And I heard the they're cutting back Melissa's shifts at the hospital so..." I knew that money was pretty tight for them at the moment so I was doing everything I could to help out just a little bit.