He's Back

<<< Stiles' >>>

"He's back!" Scott yelled into the phone.

I cringed having been woken up by his phone call.
"Good morning to you too," I said flatly rubbing my eyes and yawning. I looked over at my alarm clock. 7:30.
"You'd better have a good reason for waking me up?"

"He's back," Scott said again.

"Who's back?"

"Deaton. Deaton's back." I sat straight up in bed.

"What? When?" I asked eagerly.

"He just flew in. He should be here around three-ish."

"Okay. Great. Well ring the rest of the pack and let them know. We'll set a time to meet him and go over everything," I said, now nervous.

"Okay boss. Will do," Scott joked.

I rolled my eyes and hung up. Derek was out at the moment but I would let him know the good news as soon as he came back.

It had been so long since Deaton had left. Almost three months. Since he had been gone my full moons had been getting worse but I'm managing, I now have an almost constant ache everywhere, and my bump had gotten bigger and quite noticeable.

I was still attending school so I was wearing the baggiest clothes I could find to hide my bump. It wasn't easy. I had had to quite Lacrosse, which had me a bit bummed out because I was getting better, my studies were slipping a bit but I had Derek and Scott to help, and I had to be careful about who I hung out with. If anyone caught wind of what was happening to me I would become a freak and for sure there would be a supernatural problem. So I spent my days with the pack and my nights either with Derek or my dad.

Dad was still sceptical about the whole pregnancy thing. He said that he didn't want it to ruin my life. And he still didn't think much of Derek. But even though he had his doubts, I could see that he was just as happy and exited about this pregnancy as we were.

* * * *

"He should be here by now?" Scott paced the room at the back of Deaton's clinic.

"Scott. Calm down. He'll get here when he gets here," I said, slouching in the chair and placing a hand on my stomach.

"But why if something's wrong? What if--"

"Scott!" I cut him off, having had enough of his nervous rambling. I didn't need him voicing the things that were already swarming in my head.

"Stiles, are you okay?" Lydia asked raising a worried eyebrow and stepping closer.

I shook my head. Dismissing her worry. "Just tiered I guess." She nodded, not entirely convinced but backed off all the same.

* * * *

Another fifteen minutes passed and still no sign of the doc. Scott had rung him about a hundred times by now and it was starting to my on my nerves.

I had taken to pacing around the room, not because I was nervous, although I was, but because sitting down was killing my back. I was pacing the room to try and ease the pressure of the baby, but unfortunately it wasn't working so well.

I walked into the coffee room and went through my bag. I took a sip out of my thermos that contained my tea, hoping that it would help a bit of the ache. Derek had noticed me leave and followed me, concern on his face. We were the only two in the small room. It was quiet and cosy almost.