Ultrasound

<<< Stiles' POV >>>

"Derek, hurry up! I don't want to be late!"

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" He called back from upstairs. I took this opportunity to run out the door, grabbing the keys for my Jeep off the stand next to the door. I rushed out the the loft towards the car park and jumped in my Jeep.

"Hello old friend," I sighed as I sunk into the familiar seat. I was just about to turn the key in the ignition when there was a loud knock on my window. "OH MY--!!" Derek opened the door, grinning widely. "You almost gave me a heart attack," I breathed, trying to slow my heart.

"And what exactly do you think you're doing?" He asked, raising an amused eyebrow.

I sighed. "Oh come on Derek. I never get to go anywhere anymore. It's only to Deaton's. He said it would be fine."

"Stiles. You're not driving. I don't care what Deaton said. If you even slightly bumped yourself in that car you could do some serious damage to yourself and the baby. Especially it that," he said, gesturing to my Jeep.

"What's wrong with my Jeep?"

"For one, its old. Two, it has terrible brakes and three, it has no airbags or safely features." He said, knowing he had me.

I slumped back into the seat and crossed my arms over my chest, pouting. He laughed at my childlike behaviour. He leaned in through my door and placed a loving kiss on my cheek. I couldn't hold it anymore and broke into a protested smile. He knew he'd gotten me then.

"Come on pouty-mc-pregnant. Let's go check up on our baby." I smiled at him and gave him a quick peck on the lips before shuffling out of my Jeep. He closed the door behind me and held out his hand. I rolled my eyes and dropped my keys into it then turned and walked over to his car. He jumped in next to me and playfully pulled on one of the red draw strings on my hoody. "I've always liked that on you," he says, eyeing me up and down.

I laughed. "Yeah well, I don't think I'll be in it for that much longer. It's getting tighter," I said, placing my hands on my stomach and gazing down at it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Derek smile proudly.

The Camaro roared to life and we sped off down the road towards the clinic. It's wasn't a long trip but my nerves had gotten the better of me. We pulled up outside the clinic and Derek noticed my fidgeting. He grabbed my hands and gave them a gentle squeeze.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just nervous," I breathed, looking anxiously towards the building.

"What about?"

"It's just...this is the first time we will actually be able to see the baby. And I'm scared that once I do, it will all start to feel too real and I won't want it anymore." I looked into his eyes hoping that he would say the right thing to make me feel better. But instead, he let go of one of my hands and gently rested his on my belly. That was better than anything he could have said. I relaxed a little, knowing that Derek would always be here to help me. He wasn't going anywhere.

We walked into clinic and called out to Deaton.

"In the back!" He called simply. I broke the mountain ash barrier for Derek and we walked into the back room.

"Lydia?!"

She spun around to us. "Oh. Hey Stiles, Derek."

"Hey. What are you doing here?" She was the person I least expected to see right now.

"Prada needed her stitches out. I was just leaving actually. What are you two here for?"

I smirked looking down at my belly. "Ultrasound."