His Best friend

Raymon POV

It's been a while since he left. It definitely is hard to keep up without your one of the best friends by your side.

Moving my fingers through my hair, I checked the clock for time and date. 3 weeks have passed by. I wonder how is he doing? I looked to my side where his bed is now silent, stationary, alone... I felt my eyes stink with the tears that were building up my eyes. I shook my head to clear the thoughts. Man up and get over it.

I got up and changed into my casual clothes whislt I heard someone at the door. I opened the door without bothering to ask.

"Hi, umm.. Can we talk Raymon? Marlin needs you.", My head mistress said. Worry written all over her face, tears in her eyes, and her expressions were that of melancholy. She was concerned as a mother. She loves us to no end. Like a mother, she have taken care of all the kids in this orphan for as long as I could remember.

" Come in Ms. Brooke", I said stepping a side to clear the path. She looked around the room. Watching his side of the room for a while and the her eyes dropped to the carpet.

"You know I miss him too. He was my son too. It was hard, I could have stopped him but you know that was the best I did for him. Raymon he will be happy after the years will pass by but for now, you and Marlin are making me worried and sick with this situation. I know you guys have been friends since you came here but don't you think he deserved to leave?"

I stood there still, watching his bed or the place he used to sleep. Memories flowing my mind. I went over to his table and touched his lamp that I bought him on his last birthday.
"It's hard Ms. Brooke. We need our time, you don't think one day one of us will leave and we will be all happy because that is not gonna happen. He was my family, Marlin's family... It's hard to run away from the grieve that is in my heart. And for Marlin... It's more difficult. I will try what I could do. But please, give us some time and space because I don't want to hurt others because I am hurt."

She pressed her lips together as she watched me fighting back my tears. Does she not know how much it hurts to watch that bed in the corner all empty? This room so quiet? These walls so suffocating? Always reminding me of his silly comments, his laugh, his brotherly concern and the little oh-so-friendly fights yet the best time spent with him now hurts.. This whole fucking room has been like walls, floor and roof without emotions.
I took my jacket and left before she could say anything else. I walked and walked till I lost my way and ended up knocking at her door.
5 minute passed no response, so I knocked again and than again and than again till she screamed in irritation and opened the door only to shock me with her figure and looks.
Has she been in an accident? She looked so weak and fragile. Her eyes were red with bags under them due to lack of sleep and lots of crying, not much difference from what I saw earlier in the mirror. Her hair were rough, dark brown flowing at her sides, her knuckles were sore and lips dry. She has definitely lost more weight is these 3 weeks.

She looks more or less a zombie ready to kill, not that I should run for my life, but I could feel what she has been feeling. He left without a word to any of us after all that we shared? That heartless bastard for hurting not only me but her too.

"Um.. Uh Hi", I broke the silence giving her sometime to compose herself. She didn't replied, her eyes dropped, not even looking at me and her hands were now balled up in fists as she fought back the emotions taking the best of her. Before I could move or do anything she hugged me tight holding my collar into her fists and her face burried in my chest, crying.

I holded her close to me and hugged her tight.
"Heyy.. Sshh.. Its all going to be okay Lin. We have eachother right? Everything will be fine."
I tried to calm her down. She can't cry anymore, she deserves better. She is my friend and i won't leave her like he did.