Getting Along

Marlin POV

Cool breeze, beautiful scenery and a friend by your side. I don't know if I would have came out of that room if Ray wouldn't have forced me to. He can feel what I am feeling and yes he have an idea how much worse it is for me to cope with this. Nick left without a word to either of us. We three grew up together in this orphanage and we were best of the friends. He should have at least talked to us. For now I have to keep moving forward. Ray bought me to the cliff. I looked at him.
"So.. How have things been in the past week?", I asked.
He looked at me with a sad smile and answered, "I was working on my relationship with my current girlfriend, named, cozy bed. So I enjoyed sleeping."
"Lame, Ray. You can do better then this. But no seriously. You went to school? Because I didn't and I don't know how to get along with kids there."

"For your kind concern, I did go to school for the 2nd week because first week was totally dedicated to my love but in the 3rd week... I threw stones at Mr. Walker's car because that so called teacher was making fun of my brother for leaving us." He was boiling in anger by now. I rubbed my hand on his arm.
"Calm down Ray, I don't want a volcano to erupt in front of me." I winked.

"Don't get scared Lin. You can jump in the water if a volcano erupts infront of you."

"Why not push the volcano into this cold water huh?" And before he could process anything, I pushed him from the clif and started laughing.

"Oh shit Marlin Stacy! You better watch your back now." He was stuttering while swinging towards the bank.
I walked down the clif to help him out while controlling my laughter.

"Uh oh someone's cold now but still not calm. Remove your jacket or you will freeze to death Ray." I was laughing with tears now as he removed his jacket and hugged himself. I removed my hoodie and offered him which he took from my hand and walked away. And I walked behind him making fun of him.

Soon we were in a cafe which was warm. I found a table for myself untill Raymon can dry his clothes some what. The waiter came I placed the order for both of us. I looked towards Ray who was now removing his shoes to keep them beside the heater that the cafe had. He is just too sweet. Even if Nick was here he always took care of me. I feel secure with him and the way he did little things for me always made me happy. I don't know what would I do without him now that Nick is no more by my side. They are my family but guess now he is the one who is left. And I will hold on to him and never let him leave.

He looked at my side and gave me a little smile and then he sneezed. Uh oh. He got the cold. I mouthed "Oops" to which he just pressed his lips together.

Shortly after the waiter served our order and Ray came back to eat.
"Anything else you want?", waiter asked.
"A cup of coffee after the dinner please. Make the order take away." I said.
"Okay, enjoy your meal." He left.

"Umm since when you started having coffee at night?" Ray asked with confusion.
I answered while eating, "It ain't for me, its for you stupid. Don't want you to be on your girlfriend, Miss Cozy." I giggled.

"Caring much?" He said.
"Shut up and eat Mr Cold Volcano, I am tired from all the walking." He digged his head in food without a second word, so did I.

All in all the day was spend rather better than expected. We split the bill and left for orphanage. He took his coffee and went to his way after walking me to my room.