Ethlania

I am sitting on a love seat with Benji ,waiting for the arrival of Victoria. I'm not sure how to feel about her.. Or in fact anyone at all. I just know I have to force myself to keep thoughts of my family in the back of my mind.

Cal begged me earlier to not go in the dining room, where ethlania and roman were having a heated argument. He said ethlania wasn't too fond of me. So I am stuck here with Benji.

If I wasn't kidnapped , I would of just assumed this was some dysfunctional family function.
Benji tried making small talk but I quickly shut him down and since then,he hasn't spoken a word.

He would occasionally look at me nervously, then back at the floor. I kinda feel bad for making this hard on him, he is only trying to be nice..unlike roman.

Breaking the tension I decide to make an effort to talk to poor looking Benji.

"Benji?" I ask suddenly.

His head snaps up "Yes Roxxy?" He asks expectantly.

"Want to take a walk?" I ask, hopeful to get out of the house for a bit.

"I would like to,but I'm not sure..-" he begins, but I cut him off.

"It's not like I'm gonna have a rerun of last time. Please." I plead with my " puppy" look.

He sighs and looks around the room. " Fine, five minutes " he gives in, attempting to sound serious but fails as he breaks out into a grin.

He leads me outside ,walking to the garden he said he would show me.

"So.." I begin, while we walk around the back of the mansion.

He raises an eyebrow "Yes?"

"How'd you become apart of Roman's mob?" I ask with no hesitation. I have nothing to lose so might as well ask.

His body tenses up and I can see his eyes widen. He continues walking but looking more stiff than normal.

"Uh.. Sorry Roxxy , but I don't think I should say right now." he speaks hesitantly.

"It's alright." I speak curtly.

"Look" he speaks abruptly,turning towards me, causing me to stumble into him.

"What?" I ask surprised.

"I'm sorry that you're in this predicament. I'm going to try and help you." he speaks in a hushed tone.

My eyes grow wide and my jaw unhinges itself.

"You're tricking me!" I state with a deadpanned look on my face.

I'm not a fool.

He shakes his head violently.
"Cameras are watching, let's keep walking. I'll explain" he speaks in a hushed tone once again.

We begin walking side by side trying to look casual.
" So?.." I push impatiently.

"I can't stand the guilt ,seeing an innocent girl like you in this situation is making everyone feel horrible.  Nobody else agreed with this ,although we do need you."he informs, biting his lip.

"Won't you get in deep crap for helping me?" I ask ,surprisingly concerned for Benji's safety.

" No.. Well kinda." he replies,looking confused.

I furrow my eyebrows questioningly.

"What do you mean? Either you will or you won't !" I raise my voice agitated.

He sends me an exasperated look that's telling me to be patient,I nod.

"Well.. I'm Roman's brother " he speaks slowly , waiting for my reaction.