Chapter 5

Hannah's POV

"So tell me what have you been doing for the last ever?" I ask Reid as we walk to ringers from the car.
"Well I've been working out since the semester change. I graduated early as you know and I went to Texas Tech and getting a master in physical education! How about you?"
"Well, I'm starting school next week so study Theatre arts but I might change it, I'm
Not for sure." We walk in and order our salads and my cotton Candy drink.
"How's Niall been? Last I heard from him he was talking about how you guys were gonna get together." My eyes widen.
"What did you say?"
"You know, you guys kissed to many times to count and one morning he came to me and said he was going to ask you to be his girlfriend!" I feel my heart rate slow down.
"Then after lunch that day he came to me and said he wasn't going to do anything." He takes a bite of his salad as I am frozen.
"Are you okay?" He asks as I snap out of my frozen state.
"Yeah! Did he say anything else after that?" He nods as I begin to shove my salad down my throat.
"He said something about Harry and you doing something. It's been a while. But I remember him saying something I've never heard Niall Horan say." I look at Reid, waiting for him to tell me.
"He said 'my girl has the guy she's meant for' but you were with Harry. I was confused" I stop filling my mouth with salad and drink my drink as fast as I could.
"You okay?" He asks as I slam my empty drink on the table.
"I'm fine! Just hungry. It's been a while since breakfast. Izzy and Peyton are hanging out for now until the party." He nods as I try to take a bite of my salad, but notice I binge at it all.
"So, I see you got a ring. How'd the old sucker do it? Did he ask you with rose petals on the ground leading to your bedroom? Or did he sing you the song he wrote for you? That was a sick song."
"He set up pictures and I had a day of scavenger hunts. It was beautiful" Reid nods as he finishes his smoothie.
"Well, we should get you back to your car so you can get that cake! Is He going to be at the party?" I shake my head no.
"He's on tour with the guys! They are going to be here next week though if you want to come over on Friday to come with me!" He nods as he pulls out his phone.
"I am free! What time?"
"We can meet around 6 and get there at 7."
"Okay! So I'm gonna walk back home but it was awesome talking to you again! See you next Friday!" He runs off as I step into my car. I push on the key as my phone starts calling. I see who's calling me and i loose my breath.

Nialls POV
"Lad, you really shouldn't be drinking so much" Liam tells me after our concert. I ignored Hannah's call and I regret it so much. Gosh I miss her voice.
"I do what I want Liam" I spit at him, making Liam walk away and leaving me at the bar by myself.
"Looks like you screwed up now" I hear Harry's voice from the stage.
"Why do you say that?" I slur my words out. I feel happy, seeing how Hannah chooses him over me.
"Niall, what has gotten into you?" He calls out.
"Nothing! This has been me since forever! I like to drink, I like to swear and I like to be pushed to the side!"
"Niall, come on its me, Harry! You can tell me what's wrong!" He puts his hand on my shoulder.
"No, no I can't. You are the last person I want to talk to right now." I throw my drink onto the counter and walk out of the bar, hearing Harry call me out behind me, I couldn't care less.
I start walking away from everything as I enter some alley.
"Well well well" I hear as someone comes out of the alley.
"What do you want?" I call out, feeling my knees wanting to give out underneath me.
"Niall Horan!" He comes forward, I don't recognize him.
"Who are you? And what the hell are you doing talking to me?" I call out as I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I think he punched me, but I'm not sure.
"It's Jack, remember? I was your best friend until you got into that stupid band of yours" I look up, finally putting the pieces together.
"What are you doing here?" I ask, holding my liquid stomach from the punch.
"I was pushed aside when you became famous. And that slut of yours, Hannah! She kicked me to the curb" I stand straight when he calls Hannah a slut.
"She's not a slut." I say, the words coming out lower than expected. He turns to me, pops his knuckles as he grabs my shoulder.
"This is how it felt when you kicked me to the curb" he knees me right in the stomach, then pushes me into the wall.
"Jack! What's gotten into you man?" I call out as he kicks me in the ribs.
"Kick me when I'm down, I'll show you how I felt for my entire Senior year!" He kicks me once again, me coughing up blood now.
"Niall, get up. Let's see how much you've changed since you ditched me" he backs away as I stand to my knees, falling back down.
"Exactly, you can't get up. You fell for Hannah, ditched your best friends, and for what? To get hurt once again by the girl who never wanted you?" I feel anger boil inside of me.
"Face it, she would never love a wuss like you. You're pathetic and I'm glad she chose Harry over you" I interrupt him as I stand.
"Shut up Jack. This isn't you" I lean my back against the wall, trying to re-gain my strength.
"This is me. You, hannah and brad made me this way after you threw me away!"
He comes in for a punch but a hand of someone comes and stops him, punching him square in the nose.
Jack stands as he punches me in the face, making my vision blur.
I fall as I hear someone calling my name, but I can't make it out before I black out.