❌6- Blind Greetings❌

Green did not describe him in my views. It was too simplistic. Too friendly.
He is my ghost, in many ways than one. A shadow close to my feet. He rises from the plains of the dead to haunt me at night.
He made me lose sleep. Ridiculous is what he truly was. I had spent an entire night figuring out ways to evade his presence. It had left me drained the next morning, but I had work to do. Not the best work, but work.

I sat, spinning in my chair as I attempted to read my script at the same time. Very impractical, I know. But I was bored. And weird things begin to occur when Mikaela gets bored.
"Wow, I'm surprised you haven't fallen over yet." Cynthia said as she counted each time I went in a circle enthusiastically.
"Skills, Cynthia. I have skills." I muttered, stopping the chair by placing a foot on my desk, still staring down at my script. "I wanna eat at the diner after work." I said, glancing up.
"It's only one, though." She pointed out.
"I know." I sighed. Our conversation was cut short by the phone on my desk.
"Shindo speaking." I said, spinning my chair towards the wall slightly as the cord stretched to my ear.
"Report to my office." A deep voice said, plenty enough to let me know it was my boss. What could he possibly want now? But, I shoved my disgruntled complains down my throat.
"Okay." I said cooly. He hung up directly after, which prompted me to stand from my desk. "I'll be back, Cynthia." I waved over my shoulder,
Rolling down my sleeves as I blindly threw open my door, ending up walking directly into someone.
Seriously, I'm in the black market and manage to evade being killed and arrested on a daily fucking basis.

Why do I keep getting injured?

"Sorry, sorry, I should've been looking where I was going." I muttered, mindlessly holding out a hand to help up to person I accidentally knocked over.
"It's fine, I wasn't paying attention either." He laughed, accepting my hand. His brown hair was an ombré to blond, and, despite not being anywhere near a shoulder length, he shockingly pulled it off with seemingly golden orange eyes matching. It took me a moment to pinpoint why he was familiar. My co-workers are all successful, some more than others. I, of course, am included in the latter.
"Ah, I didn't notice the famed Mikaela Shindo walked into me." He laughed after a second of shock.
"I would say the same to you, Cecil." I said calmly, hauling him to his feet. Full name, Cecil Rogue. Grew up in the system, unlike how I got in at a young age. A model. Although he was getting more into acting. Not many people know this. I'm not even supposed to know. But his archives were easily accessible in the black market. And I was curious. "Except, you are more of the victim in this case." I chuckled.
"I guess I am" he laughed, glancing to his watch. "Oh, hell, I'm gonna be late. See you around, Mikaela!" He said, bolting through people. I shrugged it off, heading to my Boss' office.

It wasn't urgent, merely alerting me of things to add to my already packed schedule.

He could have told me on the phone.

I pulled into my usual spot, kicking the car door closed behind me. The two figures in the window happily waved me in, despite taking care of a customer. The name was Demeter's Diner, but they had no plants in there, ironically. Pushing open the glass door covered in shutters. "You look stressed." A voice commented behind the bar counter, her chin propped in her hands., a brown curl in her face, astray from the rest of her hair. She blew it back into place stubbornly.
María Piedad Anunciación, age eighteen.
"Want a burger?" She asked, staring at me over her glasses.
"Yes please." I sighed in relief as I collapsed into a chair at the bar. She laughed, a voice flowing like honey joining in behind me
"Rough day?" María's mom asked as she took the order from the only customer in the diner this late at night.
"You can say that." I muttered into my arms.
Emiliana Ernesta Anunciación, age thirty-nine. I only knew their full names and ages due to having Cynthia pull it up the day I met the two to tell if I could trust them. Which... Basically describes my life. It's hard for me to trust people I don't know the history and or background of. I hadn't cared to look at the one person apart from myself who had decided to eat here until he spoke.
"I didn't know you ate here too." Cecil said. What were the odds of him being here?

Very slim.

"You two.. Know each other?" Emiliana asked, pointing back and forth between us with her notepad and pen in the same hand.
"They work together, mama." María said, sticking her head out from the kitchen.
"And you know this how?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her. She flushed red.
"I do my research."

"You like Cecil's work, don't you." I sighed.
"No!" She denied from the kitchen.
"You wouldn't know I worked for the company unless you looked deep into the Internet." He pointed out, leaning back in his booth. "Wanna join me, Shindo?"
"Got nothing better to do." I shrugged, sliding out of my chair.

"An entire plate of French fries. Classy." I joked as María placed the plate down.
"These lovely ladies make the best fucking fries ever. Try one," he offered, holding one out to me. I took it, basically inhaling the deep fried potato. Hey, it was free food. Can't blame me.
"Well, you're not wrong." I shrugged as I chewed, meeting his overly enthusiastic gaze.
"You're no fun." He said, Flaring his nostrils.
"I'm fun when it comes to everything else."
"Liar!" María shouted from the kitchen.
"She's right." Emiliana pointed out.
"You guys don't hang out with me enough to know that." I muttered, folding my arms.
"I believe you, I believe you." Cecil laughed, feigning surrender.

Nine thirty was the promise time in which I was forced to leave.

"Bye! See you tomorrow morning, Emiliana!" I shouted as I bolted out the door, waving to the windows
"Hey, Mikaela!" Cecil shouted back through the window. I stared at him for a second, allowing him to finish before I drove home and got dressed for my night job.
"Give me your number when you go back to the offices! Call for line two!"

I gave him a thumbs up, closing my car door quickly.

My ghost might frustrate me to the point of madness, but the people in my everyday life make up for his blatant stupidity.

Only downside was he had that lasting effect despite not always crossing paths with me.