❌14- Intoxicating❌

I expected Cecil to stop talking to me, in the very least.

Or for nothing to change.

What I didn't expect, was him helping me in the daytime jobs.

Yes, those exist.

I'm not just an assassin, or  the errand boy of the black market.

I'm a hit man of those who are a threat.

It just so happened, that day's victim worked alongside us.

"Really? Alison?" Cecil asked. I nodded. Cynthia had taken over the security in his office, where I stood, bandages still over my aching wounds.
"How do they want her to die?"

"She's too happy for suicide. So, accidental." A small smile spread across his lips. He dialed a number on his phone.

"Alison, could you meet me at the stairwell, Mikaela Shindo and I have matters to discuss with you."

Alison was the director of makeup for the modeling section of our agency. When that connected, I took Cecil's face in my hands and kissed him.
"Thank you. Don't endanger yourself."

"Don't worry," he laughed, a smile on his perfect lips.

"You've done that for me. Good luck. And be careful."

I stopped in the doorway, glancing over my shoulder.

"I will. Only he has harmed me, you know."

Alison was waiting impatiently at the top of the stairs. Her eyes lit up once they met mine.
"Hello, Mikaela!" She chirped.
"Where's Cecil?" She inquired. I smiled kindly.
"He's coming soon. Don't worry."

The security camera overhead made a clicking sound. Once. Twice. A third time.

Cynthia was giving me the signal.

"Actually, I don't think he'll be showing up anyway."

"Huh? Why no-" she froze at the gloved hand pressing against her mouth tightly, muffling her shouts. I kicked her knees and shoved her arms. I followed her as she tumbled down the stairs. She weeped. And tried to scream. I sat on her back to keep her from rising.
Taking her hair in my fists, I raised her head. Hit it against the floor once. I twisted her neck, the sound echoing. I stood, fleeing the room as quickly as possible, no witnesses of my exit, entrance, or of the calm between Cecil and Alison.

"You... You have a blood smear on your shirt." Cecil said, flicking my chest. I looked down and sighed. He handed me his jacket.
"Don't worry, this covers it.... How long until they find her?"

"About uh... Thirty minutes. That's the next lunch break for the directors." I said.
"I have to plant a reason for her going down the stairs real quick. Cover for me." I gave him a quick kiss, sealing the deal as I raced out of the room.

I knocked over her makeup case and stepped on the items that fell out to create the false evidence. The excuse would be that she accidentally destroyed the case and was going out to get a new one.

Yuichiro found the body. He didn't scream in horror like Cecil betted. He just walked into his office calmly.

"There's a dead body on the stairs. From the makeup division." He said, pointing behind him with a thumb. I fought the urge to say 'I know' to the strange acquaintance I had begun to grow shockingly fond of. He had bandages wrapped around his arms.
"Really? Oh god, that's horrible. I'll call the Head Director now." Cecil said in believable fear as he dialed a number.

"Da- Director? A body has been found on the stairs. In between floors five and four?" He asked, eyeing the two of us for confirmation. I gave a thumbs up that the innocent person next to me couldn't see.
"Yeah. Four and five. Please call someone, I can't bear to see what happened to that poor person, bless their hearts." He said sympathetically. I had no idea if it was true or a lie.
"Oh, please! Thank you." He said, hanging up.

"It'll be dealt with. I still cannot believe this happened." He shook his head, a pained expression on his face. Yuuichiro nodded.

"A tragedy." He had no sympathy in his. I almost snorted at how comedic it was.

He left, and I laughed.

"That kid's usually so animated! How is he reacting like that?" Cecil cried as I laughed and laughed.

Then I made a revelation.

"He knew what she did." I muttered, laughter vanishing.

"What?"

"Alison was my target because she drove someone to suicide. Yuichiro knew what she had done."

"It was on the news, wasn't it? About her friend dying and her crying on television?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

Go figure.

I could've sworn I was making some kind of connection.

"So, we still up for that date?" I asked, leaning over his desk.

"Not in that condition. We're staying in for this one." He gestured to my wounds.

"But Cecil!" I whined, lounging across his couch.

"I'll buy you Chinese takeout."

My mood shifted at the blessed words.

"I know you're bribing me, but I'll never pass up free Chinese takeout." I grinned. He laughed, typing on his computer.

For some reason, I felt as if I was being watched. It sent shivers down my spine, but I ignored it.

Chinese takeout in my apartment at ten o'clock at night while insulting Adam Sandler.

Only Cecil could make this entertaining.

And a date.

I ended up laughing at something Cecil said so hard I almost opened a wound. He stopped being so god damn hilarious for a while. It made me sad.

"Do you have to go on this job? You're still healing." Cecil complained, sitting on my bed patiently as I tugged on my recently repaired spandex suit.
"Unfortunately. If I want money, I have to work."

"But you just killed someone earlier!"

"That was a low paying job. I have to steal tonight." I sighed, taking my sniper rifle from its hiding spot. It was now slung over my shoulder. He gestured me towards him, and I rolled my eyes, leaning down to kiss him with my goggles in hand. He roughly kissed me, as if he was starving for more contact.

For me to stay.

To not leave him.

"Don't get hurt." He whispered into my lips.

"I won't. My Ghost got a beating as well." I joked. He laughed, warm breath tickling my lips as he kissed me with that same hunger. He had to let go eventually.

"I'll be waiting here." He said as a farewell.

I felt a longing to return to my horrible apartment, with the knowledge that Cecil would still be there.

Even as my Ghost and I stared at each other, our wounds aching, I wanted to be with him.

I wanted to feel those intoxicating kisses.

I wanted them all through the night.