Chapter 4

HOLY BA JESUS! GUESS WHO'S BACK!? OH MY GOD I'LL STOP YELLING NOW! I apologize to you a million times! (Does that even make sense??)

I am soooo sorry I've been gone for like what? I don't even know how long I've been gone! Sorry about that just dealing with some personal business right now...um...welp I'm okay!! (And I'm not dead!!)

AnYwAyS read on my dear readers...if you haven't ditched this book already because of author chans bad timing...oh! And forgot to mention you and Damian are both fourteen in the story...so bleh! 

***
Damian's POV

Laying in my bed I was deep in thought, I had only just met Y/n a day earlier and she had already saved my life. I didn't know why she did though, most likely because she's a superhero, I probably shouldn't think anything of it.

I needed to know more about her, I know she told me about her family and such but I needed to know more.

I stood and walked to my door, I opened it and made my way to look for Blue Beetle, I would assume he would know where the information I need is, and I needed to ugh... apologize...anyway.

As I walked down the hallway I heard a yelp from Beast Boy and Jaime saying, "Can you please do that... anywhere else?"

I stepped into the lounging area and saw Beast Boy sprawled on the floor as a chameleon and Jaime sitting on the couch with a computer.

"Jaime?" I asked.

He looked up at me suprised, "...Yeah?" He asked bluntly.

"Perhaps is was a mistake to challenge you this morning without knowing the full capacity of your...alien attachment." I said before taking a breath. "I promise you, it won't happen again."

"Uh ok?" He said raising his right eyebrow.

"And do you by chance know where the information of... the tower is?" I asked, lying obviously.

"Uh probably on Stars computer." He said shrugging. I nodded, I then turned and walked out of the room.

I then heard Jaime's voice emerge from the room again. "Did he just say sorry?"

Then Beast Boys voice emerged. "Aw, see he likes you!" Beast Boy teased.

Y/n's POV

Can't believe Bats had a kid, but who did he...um...do it with? I mean like...he was always like 'Love gets in the way' or 'You could put them in danger' but seriously!? He just made love with who know who's!?

Let's see, black hair, green eyes, badass moves that Bruce never taught me...HOLY SHIAT! He is the fricking son of Talia Al Ghul and Bruce Wayne!? The frick!? Bruce you made love with fucking Ra's Al Ghul's daughter!? ...or was it her...? Nah pretty sure it's her...she pretty hot...okay that sounded weird.

And he says I'm reckless. Well I kinda was...on that...one mission.

Ugh! Why didn't you tell Damian the truth!?

Dude! I just met him! I'm not gonna tell him that I...you know what nevermind! I don't need to explain things to you!

Dude! I am you!

"Oh my god Y/n stop arguing with yourself!" I yelled at myself.

"Gah!" I heard Beast Boy yelp from his room. "Thanks a lot Y/n! I almost chopped my arm off!"

What the hell Garfield? I'm not even going to question it...

I sighed and flopped onto my bed face down and groaned into my pillow.

Welp I guess my brother was right...the world will always be against you...

Damian's POV

As I sat at Starfire's computer I searched Y/n's name. All that came up was two photos of her with and without a mask, her birth date, and her name.

"What!? That's it!?" I mumbled in frustration. I read over her file again.

"Y/n L/n, born D/O/B, parents M/n L/n, father unknown!?" I grabbed my hair in frustration and stared at the computer screen.

I could just ask her who her parents are? But that would be straightforward and I could possibly damage her with asking her that question. I did just become acquainted to her yesterday.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the computer screen; then I heard Starfire's voice.

"What are you doing in my room?"

I was silent as I continued my research.

"We have rules Damian." She said as she began walking towards me.

"You never trespassanother person's space." She said before closing the laptop and placing her hands on her hips.

"You have nothing on her." I said sitting back in the chair. "No background, no history." I said looking up at her.

"On who?" She asked as her arms fell to her side.

"Y/-er....Starling. You're the leader of this group! You should know everything about her, it's called vetting." I said crossing my arms.

"She's fourteen, no mother, no father, and her brother was killed. She was an orphan, she ran away and began living on the streets. She had to steal to survive, until Batman took her in and trained her to be Starling. He then brought her to me for reasons I still do not know...but all I knew is she needed a home...a place to grow." She said sighing.

I stood and placed my pointer finger on the laptop. "I was taught that knowledge was power, and you knew nothing about her." I said pointing at her.

She crossed her arms again and glared down at me. "How much do you need to know when people are in need? Garfield was eleven when his genetics kicked him and gave him green skin and powers! We still don't know the purpose of Jaime's alien armor or all of its abilities, we just know they needed help. You have to have a little faith sometimes." She concluded.

"Faith is belief based on absence of data." I then turned and began walking away. "It invites disaster." I said walking out of the room.