His Eyes

It seems everyone was quiet with my cover or Mad Hatter. Was it really that bad.

I held my mic tightly as I sang the last verse. The crowd was still silent. The light was yet to on to reveal my face for the first time to the audience and judge. Not that it would matter anyway. I'm not pretty and I am well aware of it. So basically my looks won't get me in this competition.

The blinds opened a revealed the face of the three most wonderful artist in the world. Well to me at least. Jessie J was in the middle as a guest judge, while the permanent judge Megan Trainor and Lawson front singer, Andy Brown was sitting beside her. It seems they were in deep conversation before noticing the lights was back on.

I was so focused on getting a rough review like the one Simon Cowell always gives that I didn't even realised the audience was doing a standing ovation for me.  My lips tempted to curl into a smile which I try my best to tone it down. Maybe I wasn't that bad. I thought to myself. Don't be too self obsessed Taylor.

"What is your name love?"

"Don't get to flirtatious with her Andy,
Don't trust him, he is just trying to get you on his team."

"Ohh please Megan, you are just to paranoid."

"Taylor,"

"What?"

"My name, its Taylor."

All three coach laughed at me.

And then the whole ordeal started. The coaches was basically was adamant that I get into their team. But when it was time, I only had eyes for one.

"I think I will go with............Andy "
The crowd cheered up while my new coach was making faces at the two other coach. He came up to me and gave me an extraordinary tight hug whispering "we are going to have much fun!"

I said my thank you and went on to shake hands with the other judges who are still my huge idol.

I went back stages where my friends was waiting for me, thinking how cute was Andy in real life. I am so gonna enjoy this whole ride along with my new found crush.
..........................................................

Backstage with my friends and other contestant was hectic. I was signing up a few agreement that states the terms and conditions of the competition. Someone taped on my back.
"Wait let me finish this up guys." I said without turning back assuming it was just my friends hurrying me up to go celebrate tonight.

The same person taped again. I lost my patience and readied to kick some ass if I had to. What I saw or whom I saw exactly literally shook my whole world. 

Andy was standing there with a smile on his face.  And I noticed for the first time he had dimples.  Urghh how gorgeous can this guy be?

I think I basically stood there admiring his face, before he shook me off my stupid little trance.

"You okay there? "

"Yeah,  yeah I'm fine....just kinda zoned out there..." I said trying hard not to blush too much.

He laughed looking at what I guess my red tomato face. 

"So where is your parents?  It must be proud to have a daughter like you.  You have the most awesome voice I've ever heard in my life."

That should have been a compliment that I was more than willing to take from a guy like Andy. But the thought of Mom and Dad crept up to me like a vine.

I took a deep breath.

"they passed away in an accident. I'm kinda an orphan now" I said and wished it came out more like an humour rather than a statement.

His face immediately dropped.  "I'm so sorry for that.  But let me tell you something,  wherever they are now.. I am sure they are so proud of you.  And from now onwards, you are not an orphan anymore.. I don't wanna hear you call yourself that again.  You have me now.  Okay?"

I just nodded. Out of the blue,  he hugged me and patted my back. My friend's mouth was all wide open.  Some back stagers took their phone out and start snapping our hugging pictures.

Although it didn't seem right to be hugged by my own coach,  but it felt so right. Not for long at least. Remembering how many fans he had, and how much of hatters I'm gonna gain after those pictures of me and him was spread. I quickly pulled out from his envelope of hug.

"Thanks,but I need to go now..erm I will see you at the rehearsal tomorrow." I didn't bother to look at him since my face is flushing red. I quickly walked out of the room wondering how nice was the hug...
#dirtythought