Chapter 8. The Plan

CHAPTER 8.

Jessie.

They say that "Time heals all wounds." Is it really healing? Or you just get used to bear the pain?

If you would ask me, my answer is yes, time really heals all wounds. It's just a matter of choice; if you choose to bear the pain and live with the past then the quote really won't work for you. But if you choose to go on with your life, choose to forgive and forget then edi wow,you'll be healed.

As what I read from My Success Principles, "Forget of what was, accept of what is and have faith on what could be."

Sabi nga din ni Kuya ng PBB, 'pag may pinagdadaanan ka, daanan mo lang 'wag mong tambayan."

And what good in pain is, they are leaving us lessons in life, lessons that will be our weapons on whatever the future brings.

And one of the most powerful tool to overcome the pain is through HIM, talk to him by prayers and you'll definitely feel better after.

And sometimes we just need someone that will just listen to us;

sometimes all we need is a friend.

If I would have the chance to talk to Ronnie I'm gonna say all these words to him.

But this is not just for Ronnie, para rin ito sa lahat ng taong may pinagdadaanan. Sa mga taong nagmahal at nasaktan.

-

"I'm done with our plan. All is set. Be ready." Shaira grinned.

"How can I be ready if you're not telling me the plan?" I whined.

"I listed you as our section's representative for the singing contest this coming Monday. All songs should be Tagalog to patronize OPM songs." She explained.

"What? Are you out..."

"There's no turning back." Shaira snapped.

"Ronnie will join too. So you'll have the chance to talk to him backstage." She added.

I bit my lip to hide my smile.

"Okay I'll do it. I don't have a choice." I dryly stated.

"You should thank me, I'm genius." She chuckled.

"Thank you." I said in sarcastic way.

"Serenade him with your angelic voice. It's time to show your talent my friend. This is exciting!" she giggled.

I just smiled at her and she's right again I can't deny my excitement. I would have an opportunity to share my talent and to talk to him at the same time.Maasahan talaga si Shaira even though sometimes I just want to shut her mouth.

-

During the contest, we were randomly arranged. Pangatlo ako sa mga kakanta, and si Ronnie he got the last spot. All the contestants were on the backstage, I can't help myself to stare with him.

He's wearing a black ripped jeans and just a white shirt and yet he's really hot. Shades on his eyes and earphones on his ears, he probably listening to his song that he'll be singing.

If you're curious on what I'm wearing. Well, I'm wearing a black dress and pure white Stan smith adidas shoes, messy bun and some black bracelets and of course my acoustic guitar.

When the program started. My heart beats unusually, and I tried my best to calm myself. I shake my hands and started vocalizing.

"Our next contestant is Jessi Mae S. Manalo, let's give her a round of applause." Said by the host.

Before I came out at the backstage, I took one last glance to Ronnie checking if he heard my name, but I guess he didn't. He still has his earphones. I fixed myself and whispered a brief prayer

"Lord guide me."

I sat down on the chair and adjusted the mic.Cleared my throat and checked the microphone. I searched Shaira from the audience,

"you can do it." She screamed.

I saw the expectations and excitement from the eyes of the audiences and it added more tension. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and started to sing.

"Nagtatanong, bakit mahirap
Sumabay sa agos ng iyong mundo.
Nagtataka, simple lang naman sana
Ang buhay kung ika'y matino."

I heard Shaira shouting, and then I heard everybody's clapping and screaming too.

"Sabihin sa akin lahat ng lihim mo
Iingatan ko
Ibaling sa akin ang problema mo
Kakayanin ko."

The audience became more louder they even sang with me, my heart started to beat normal and I felt no more tension that's why I just enjoy the entire song.

"Pikit mata kong iaalay
Ang buwan at araw pati sapatos kong suot.
Nagtatanong, simple lang naman sana
Ang buhay kung ika'y lumayo.

"Sabihin sa akin lahat ng lihim mo
Iingatan ko
Ibaling sa akin ang problema mo
Kakayanin ko."

When I finished the song, the audience were still clapping and screaming "more".

I just bow my head and thank them for listening. This was the actually the first time that I sang in big crowd and I'm fluttered on their reactions.

Now I'm excited to here the voice of Ronnie again, I came to Shaira in the crowd to wait and watch for Ronnie's performance.

I'm dead curious on what song he'll be singing but I'm sure he'll deliver it good. Maybe he'll be singing one of his breakup playlists, and maybe he'll be expressing his feelings through a song.