who crashed the king's party?

- A/N The original characters in this part are 100% made up, they are not based on anyone. - _______________________________________
A feast is held in honour of the king's 25th birthday (i don't know how old he is but lets think that he's 25). It goes smoothly before a rather special guest crashes the party.
While we eat and laugh, a woman and an older man burst into the room. Their clothes are ripped and dirty, so are their shoes, hair and the rest of their bodies. They look frightened and absolutely exhausted
They catch their breathe as arthur, the knights and the gaurds ready their weapons in case there is a need to attack.
"I- i'm s- sir Labron of Nambera, a- and this is my d- daughter, Beatrice.
We mean you no harm, our kingdom was attacked and w- we had no other place to go... P- please my lord, forgive us." the man says kneeling before arthur, barely able to speak without pausing for air every second.
Arthur places his sword back in it's scabbard. "Of course, you are welcome to stay in camelot. Merlin, prepare a room for sir labron and his daughter." arthur commanded. Merlin nodded and left the room.
"Well don't just stand there, come, join our feast." arthur then said and sat back in his seat.
The rest of the feast was pretty good, a little boring even.

In the morning of the following day, gaius told me that merlin went off early to work for arthur and help out with sir labron. I headed to look for him, hoping to be able to help with something, anything! I'm starting to think theres no good reason for me to stay here, i might as well return to my time, at least there i can actually save people and do something with my life.
My thoughts stop as i run into merlin who happened to be running in the halls, literally.
"The royal prat keeps giving me orders and chores, way more then he usually does! He's been like this since labron has arrived" he spits.
I can't help but laugh, he's so cute when he's grumpy.
"Maybe i can help" i grin, still amused by his constant panting.
"Yeah, thanks. Beatrice actually asked me to find her a maidservant, do you wanna do it?" he asked, egar for a 'yes', i could sence it in his voice.
"Sure, where are her chambers?" i question, and he points his head to the right, gesturing for me to follow him, witch i greatfuly do.
We enter Beatrice's chambers, merlin introduces me and then leaves. I help her out of her nightgown and dress her in her daily clothes. Theres an akward silence between us and i don't think either of us know what to say, this is after all new to us both.
Right after she's done dressing, merlin tells her that her father requests her presence. She thanks him and heads to labron's chambers.

Hours later i walk through the castle's hallways when out of nowhere, i see a bright blue light bursting through the cracks of one of the doors.
I silently open the door. I watch as beatrice and her father magically transform into a creature i have never seen before, it was like a giant bat, with the face of a lion, the ears of a wolf and the feet and paws of a bear. Their eyes were completely red, no puples or anything!
Soon enough, they figure out that i'm standing there, staring at them like an idiot. They start walking towards me, ready to attack.
I try freezing them, knowing that it won't last for long since they are clearly very powerful. After they are frozen i throw them across the room, they hit the wall. They're unconscious.
Then i lock them inside the room and run over to merlin who is probably doing chores for arthur.
When we go back to the room i have left labron and beatrice in merlin looks at them, shocked. We don't have much time until they regain consciousness so i tell merlin we need to act fast, snapping him back to reality.

Merlin suggests we use arthur's sword, but theres not enough time! While were talking we don't pay attention to labron who's starting to wake up. Seconds later he wakes up beatrice. To our suprise, they don't attack us, they just fly out the window. I sigh, this will give merlin and i enough time to prepare a vanquishing potion and most importantly, a plan.

We rush into gaius's chambers, not even bothering to knock. Merlin runs over to the enormous pile off books on the table and starts searching for an explanation to what those creatures are. Meanwhile, i start making the most powerful potion i can possably make. If this doesn't do the job, i don't know what will.

Merlin's POV

I look through the books, nothing.
I tryed evey single book that was on that damn table! I am about to give up, but just before i see at the corner of my eye an old, dusty book, lonely on the top shelf. I grab it and start reading it briefly, after a couple of minutes i finally find the creature we are looking for! I quickly call lucy to come see this. Turns out this creature is called a "Kalpicus". Strange name, very strange. It also says the it's weakness are it's wings, without them, it can't escape. It also says that mortal weapons are of no use against them and that they will show no mercy.
Now we both realize the potion isn't enough, we need arthur's sword. The problem is, arthur doesn't go anywhere without it, i guess i'll have to find a way somehow to replace it with another. That's when i remember lucy can conjure anything! She can make a sword that looks exactly like arthur's just without the dragon's powers! I smile to myself and then ask lucy if she can and will do it, she agrees.

Back to lucy's POV

I place 5 candles in a circle. I mumble a simple conjouring spell and a sword appears in the middle of the circle, identical to arthur's.
I smile and pick it up, showing it to merlin, he looks impressed.

"You think this will fool him?"

"I'm sure of it"

"Good, when will you replace it then?"

"Probably when he's asleep" he chuckles. I nodd as he wraps the sword in a cloth and exits the room.

"Good luck." i whisper under my breath as the door closes, leaving me alone in the physician's chambers.