First

The First Day of School

For me the first day of school is the worst first thing ever. I am not like any of the girls at my school with all designer stuff or hip shit. I like simple things like writing and using my imagination.

I hadn't started writing till Norman came to school and that's the part I need to get too.
____________________

I walk into the classroom putting my backpack on my seat.

"Malaya, would you see me up here for a moment?" My teacher Mrs. Smith asks.

I walk up and stand awkwardly at her desk.

"There is a new student and since you have a good record and your grades are swell I would like you to show him around and help him get to his classes. I would give you some extra credit on anything you need when the time comes" She went back to grading her papers.

I nodded and then turned back to my seat. The classroom door opened and my feelings flooded over me, it was Norman. I could feel my hands start to slightly shake from nervousness. I quickly sit down and pull out a book to read fakily.

"Malaya, you can study later. Go ahead and help him please" I stand slowly grabbing my backpack. I wanna hold my chest cause maybe then my heart will stop racing.

He walks out the door, I walk behind him and he smells wonderful. I would want to curl up in his smell all day. I leave the room then close the door and notice the smile Mrs. Smith gives me. It was an odd smile.

"Do you ever feel like your not wanted?" He asks me out of the blue.

I look at him with a raised eyebrow and upclose he is so perfect. He nudges me.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks

"Kissing you" I thought

"Umm my tests coming up" I stopped looking at him.

"You don't have to do that."

"Do what?" I said trying to keep up with him while walking.

He stopped "you don't have to feel like you can't tell me what's on your mind. Your face is very expressive" he said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Oh" I about whispered. Why do I feel so weird around him. My belly is jumping and my mind is hectic.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"I need your class schedule"

He handed it to me and saw my hand shaking. He grabbed my hand and i about dropped cause my knees wouldn't handle it. I started shaking worse. He got close to me.

"You good?" He said.

I was breathing crazily.

"No" I said without thought.

"What's wrong?" He said looking me in my face making me feel more nervous that I was even sweating.

"Nothing" As I said it I moved my hand out of his then walked away hurriedly. I sighed so loud as I turned the corner I feel like he could hear me.

I hear the bell ring and head back for my next class. I sit down and he walks in as I sit at my seat in the back.

Why is this Norman kid so mesmerizing.

I got out my notepad and pen and begin writing.

_______________________

When I saw you my world stopped and all I saw was me and you. No other people,no noise, no tommorow, no yesterday, no thoughts or worries. The world just stops and it's a beautiful place cause it's you. Just you. And I am staring at you. When your gone the world starts again and it's not as beautiful. I don't like it but I live in it and I will walk around in it waiting for you. I love it when it stops it's the best thing I have known or felt. It's the best thing, and that's why I love staring at you.
________________________

I could feel breathing on my neck. I quickly turn around and see Norman leaning over me. I push my notebook to my chest.

"Did you read that?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah, it's really great. Is it for your boyfriend?" He smirks at me.

I feel my air being sucked out of my body because of him.

"It's for my crush" I told him trying not to hint it's for him.

"It's great" he said leaning back in his chair looking at the board.

"Thanks" I said turning back closing my notebook.

I sat through my next classes and took notes and ate alone at lunch. I decided to walk home. It wasn't because I saw Norman walking home at all.

He turned around "Hey, did he like it?"

"He will, when I give it to him I hope" I said.

"That's all you have so far, I would write a book of the best moments and then give it to him at the end of the school year. That would be so cool" he said.

"Yeah it would be cool" I smiled.

"You good now, shakes?" He said smiling.

"Yeah I was-" I started.

A red car pulled up and Norman said.

"Yeah, my ride is here. Thanks" He said jumping in.

I kept walking punching myself for saying stupid shit. I sighed and hurriedly got home. I walked upstairs without greeting mom or dad cause I needed to write.

I opened my laptop and wrote what I jotted down then added more.

___________________________

When you asked what I was thinking about I wanted to tell you that I wanted to kiss you. You went from a stranger to someone I can't stop thinking about.
_____________________________

"Mal, Roman! Your father and I will be back in about an hour. He has a conference thing at work." Mom yelled

"Okay!" Roman and I yelled back.

I walked downstairs to look in the fridge. I pulled out the bowl of watermelon.

Roman jogged down the stairs.

"Will you text me when mom and dad gets back?" He asked popping pieces of watermelon in his mouth.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Jessica asked me over" he said.

"Fine yeah" I told him shooing him out of the kitchen.

He quickly walked outside. I peeked out the window to see Jessica, Norman, and Polly.

I ate the watermelon then put the dish in the washer.