It's Been 2 weeks.

I haven't spent much time with Norman. Primarily trying to avoid him but it's hard when he is in almost all my classes.

I sit here tapping on my desk with a pencil and stare blankly at the board.

"Malaya" I hear Mrs. Smith say to me.

I get out my world I was in an look at her. The classroom was empty. I stand and pick up my bag off the floor. I head to the lunchroom. My hand slides in my bag an pulls out my notebook. I rummage in my bag trying to find a pen. I end up getting tripped, I wipe off my knee and pick up my notes and papers.

"You wanna know something?" I look up to see Norman.

I couldn't breathe so I just looked at him like a stupid idiot.

He said "This damn schools obsessed with who's best dressed and who has all had sex, can you believe that?"

He flashed a cute smile as I nodded.

"Listen shakes, I am sorry I got in your space and I hope that doesn't affect anything."

I swallowed hard and gave a weak smile walking away. I walked all the way into the cafeteria to the other side and sat in the corner. I put my notebook on the table and began writing.

________________________________
I need a person who never stops showing me they love me. But that'll never happen.
_______________________________

The bell rings and I stand up but at the corner of my eye I see someone staring at me. Norman is at the table staring at me with a smirk on his face. I look away immediately and put my notebook in my bag and leave the lunchroom. I thought I had lunch where I didn't have to see Norman but I guess I was wrong.

My classes go by quickly.

I get my homework in an even pile then go to my locker. I open it up and hay falls out of it. I look around and see Megan Smith laughing with her friends. I close my locker and feel my eyes start to water. She thinks she runs this school cause her mom is a teacher. Fuck her. I leave school and then let my tears fall down my cheeks slowly. I hear footsteps crunching behind me. I wipe my eyes quickly and turn my head away so they can't see my face.

"Hi shakes" Norman said softly.

I didn't answer because he was probably apart of it. A good laugh they probably thought. Tears started forming in my eyes again.

"Why won't you just leave me alone?" I asked as politely as I could.

"Your quite captivating" he said to me.

I moved my hair out of my face an looked him right in the eyes, tears an all.

"You don't even know me" I say

He runs his hand through his hair and smiles.

"But I could if you let me" he said.

He has the cutest smile.

"Why do you want to get to know me anyway?" I wondered asking

"Your kinda interesting and your different..I like that" he says looking at the ground kicking a rock into the grass along the walkway.

"Fair enough" I said shrugging.

"Why are you getting to know me?" he said mocking me.

"Cause you seem like you keep alot to yourself cause it's hard for people to understand" I said without thinking wiping my tears.

"Was that verbal vomit or the truth?" He said looking at me.

"The truth" I said.

"I like that truth...you don't beat around the bush." He said walking quicker. "I wanna show you something" he said cutting into the grassy area with tons of trees. We walked for awhile.

"If you want to kill me just do it now, it'll be less walking for you and the police" I told him smiling.

He just smiled and kept walking.

We walked for about 30 minutes and I could see my house between the trees. We stopped at this giant tree house that I never knew was there.

He climbed up the rugged ladder and I went up behind him. I sat my bag down looking around the little area.

"Kinda cool isn't it?" He asked

I nodded.

"I need more friends like you"

"Like me?" I said raising my eyebrows shocked.

"Yeah someone who will stay in silence when words don't work" he said sitting on the floor. "With quiet people you never know if they're dancing in a daydream or carrying the weight of the world"

As I sit he shifts beside me on the floor. Norman takes my hand and closes his eyes and tilts his head back leaning it on the woodwork. I look at him and watch his eyelids twitch a bit then see a tear slide down his cheek.

I cross my legs then close my eyes too. I don't know what he has on his mind but he's probably had it rough. I don't know what he out of all people see in me, I'm not even friend worthy by most kids. This year feels different.