Everyone Has Secrets

"We all grow up and do things we said we would never do" he said running his fingers through his hair looking at me.

I sit at my desk by my computer closing the lid then looking back to him.

"Why do you do that?" I asked him

"Do what?" He smirked.

"Look at me l-"

"If your talking then i will look at you"

"-Like I'm worth looking at" I said not regretting speaking what's in my head.

"Cause you are worth looking at" he said to me sincerely. I smiled staring at my shaky hands.

"Why do you look away?" He asked.

"Cause I think that every person sees the things I hate about myself..so I look away" I told him.

He nodded then stood up. "I better go cause of school.....and stuff" He smiled walking back downstairs. I knew he was going to see someone better than me but him seeing me first made me happy.

When he left I smiled so wide I thought my cheeks would explode. I jump on my bed wanting to scream. I lay back sighing then I slowly drift off to sleep thinking of him.

_______________________________

Sometimes I feel like I can't breathe because of you.
_______________________________

I sit in class and glance at Norman every once in awhile. He doesn't stare at me at all so I take notes and listen in on what the teacher is loudly preaching. When the bell rings for lunch I walk to my locker immediately and think about if I should ask Norman if he's okay. I close my locker and bump into a chest that is so solid.

My heart begins racing out of this time when I look up and see Norman. His eyes bright and nice literally take the breath out of me.

"Will you sit with me at lunch, shakes?" He asked fidgeting awkwardly.

I have never seen him fidget so much, it's cute in a weird needy way.

I nod and he gives me a half smile walking away. I walked to the bathroom to check my face in the mirror and tell myself to not make a fool of myself.

I walk into the lunchroom and see Norman, Megan Smith, and my brother sitting at the table together. I walk slowly slowing my heart with every step. I finally make it to the table and Megan stops talking and looks at me with her cruel eyes. I stare at her with a blank face.

"Go on shakes, sit down" Norman said moving his arm around Megan and her moving so close to him I thought his side would shed off.

Of course he went for Megan and her dumb looks and horse cackle. Her personality is a colorful as the color black. It's dark.

I sit and tap my knees. Megan whispers into Norman's ear then rolls her eyes at me before kissing him harshly and leaving the table. I sighed feeling relieved.

"She is actually pretty nice, you should give her a chance maybe you two could be friends" Norman spoke nonchalantly.

I began laughing at the thought.

My brother left too shaking his head waving off as I started laughing.

"No?" Norman asked.