Chapter Seven: Faux Identities

Walking down the road in her neighborhood, Summer brushed her hand against a beautiful pink-flowered hedge. She breathed in the scent of the blossoms and picked a small sample from it, placing the blossom into her hair and popping in her earphones into ears. Her footsteps bounced in the rhythm of her music. The song she played was called 'in midsummer'. It seemed so upbeat, and her life seemed to finally reflect the happy vibes in the notes and chords within it. And after a few moments, she found herself at her front door.

Opening the door she was greeted by her beautiful puppy, Low-low, grey hound and chihuahua cross. She bent down and gave her lots of kisses whilst lifting her up and taking her into her bedroom. She sat down placing her dog on her lap.

"Being my best friend ever..." Summer began, "You know how upset I've been these past few years. But I think its all gonna change." Low-low glared at her and began to wag her tail.  She suffered with one blind eye, but there was a glint in its opaque look. Much like a crystal. It always made Summer feel so much better about life. 

With that, a buzzing sound emerged from her bag. "Oh, that must be Ky!" Her eyes beamed with delight as she unlocked the phone to reveal a lone strip across her screen.

I'm sorry.

The only thing running through her mind was; what does he mean. What does Ky mean? She struck to Instagram, scrolling down her feed like an incurable itch. But then... There it was. An image appeared on the screen of Jacks phone. With the caption: sometimes you meet someone and even though you never liked brown eyes before, their eyes are your new favourite colour. The picture featured some... Girl. And Ky. Summers face screwed up, she couldn't toss it away because it imprinted in her mind over and over. Why was he apologizing when he could hurt her that much on purpose. What a deceiving jerk of a guy. She threw the phone down onto the cold, hard floorboards of her bedroom floor. It exploded into a thousand white fragments, then ceased to work or exist in Summers mind. She threw herself onto her feet and crushed the lies into the floorboard with her sharp black shoes. Those feelings and emotions that you share with a friend... What does it become when they betray you? The torment that brings you back down to where you were before they came into your life. And the misery ran down her skin and sunk into her realization. She loved him.