7

Balara woke up early next day, the sun was only starting to rise at this time. The dwarves all stirring awake as the light began to seep in through the windows. Pouring like streams onto their faces.

The girl ran back to her forested shelter. Many young hobbits sitting looking frightened as they had no certainty where the tall women had left them to. They all cheered as she approached them, running over towards the slim figure of Balara.
"Balara where have you run to!?" One asked, his curls long and messy by this age. Down past his shoulders, as it has been such a time without a cut.

"Oh, Cerindel. Everyone gather 'round, I have an announcing to make and I cannot let it wait." She spoke sternly, a tone the children had never once heard before. "I must attend on a journey along with many dwarves to their home land, and there is no way out of it. You may not attend as it is dangerous, I haven't a clue when or if I shall return."

The children whispered to each other, creating a hush in the forest of inaudible silence. The trees creaked and the ground groaned as she spoke of leaving them in haste. "I will no longer be able to care for you all, though I wish I could. You must be able to fend for yourselves for now, or you must go home to your families."

"We don't want to, Balara! We like it with you!" They cried, a symphony of pleads and agreement flooded angrily from the children staring up at her with tear filled eyes and streaked cheeks. "Don't leave us!"

"I apologize to all of you, you know I wouldn't wish to do this. But I haven't another choice, I adore you all so greatly and appreciate all the company and joy you've graced me with." She smiled, her voice cracking gently as she spoke. Stray tears Rolling down her face and into her mouth. "I simply must leave now, I bid you all a very fond farewell. For now."

Balara smiled a funny half smile half frown, and the children grew weary but understood they couldn't do anything about the situation. So, in end, the elf said her goodbyes to them and made her way back on towards Bilbo's hobbit hole. Sitting down on the front step and the sun shone down on her face, bright that she had to squint her eyes so she could see.
  She could hear ruckus from inside the hole but didn't move, she simply stayed put and breathed in the morning air. The grass was covered in dew, and her feet were wet. Balara enjoyed the last bit of alone time she had, for she would have none for a long while following this moment.

The dwarves argued in hushed voices from inside, loud enough that Balara could hear them. Claiming Balara had run off and abandoned her promises of helping the company on their journey. Causing her to laugh at the bunch, but felt slightly upset they didn't trust her after she swore herself to the company.

Sighing, she began to braid her hair. Twisting the strands of hair between and around each other. Weaving a beautiful sight, the pastel coloured hair dancing around her antlers. Tucked behind her ears and loose bits of hair shining in the sun. The back of her hair was in one big braid, flowing down onto her right shoulder. While the rest of her hair sat in a crown around the top of her head. Done up so it would be easier to maintain on the trip ahead, and so she couldn't be caught on things so simply.
    Balara sighed and began the process of prepping herself for possible death.

It didn't bother her that her life would be ripped from the horrendous world Middle Earth was, as no matter how beautiful a land it was - it was also dreadful and many perished to the creatures that bid in it. Not only that, but she felt she had very little purpose or reason to be here.
  The only reason her heart faltered, was the fact she would never be able to care for the children after her departure from here.

"I bet you he won't even come on the adventure to the mountain," one dwarf announced as they opened the green door.

The company looking up at the girl as she was stood on her feet and looking off along the valley's of Hobbiton once they came out.  She had heard their footsteps as they approached the doorway of the hobbit hole, no matter how quiet they had been Balara's keen senses where remarkable. "Do not doubt the young hobbit, he is incredibly surprising. After all, he is not only a Bamginses, he is also a Took." Balara said harshly as she turned her head toward the half men.
"And please do not doubt me after I pledged my allegiance to you, I would never plan on running away after submitting my life to you just hours prior." She scoffed slightly.

Trying not to seem to rude toward the dwarves, however the more she had thoughts of the distrust the more she began to become slightly infuriated. "Now, we really should be on our way."

Thorin glared at the girl, "we haven't a horse for you, you must obtain your own." His stone cold eyes bore holes into hers.

"I must admit I do not feel that would be necessary," Balara turned back to the rolling hills, "I do not believe in using another animal for transportation when you can get along just fine."

The dwarf king's eyes became even more squinted as he become irritated with the girl, feeling that she sounded of pure stupidity. "You idiot, you must ride horse. It is faster and much more practical as to your own feet. You must ride on a horse."

"Believe me, Sire. The horse will not be needed, as none is faster than I am." She cocked an eyebrow and raised her chin slightly, sticking her nose in he sky.  "Just you see. This is much more practical.."

(Oops. I didn't update for a long time, again! My apologies. I've been in a horrible spot lately. My boyfriend dumped me and began dating my best friend like three months ago, and it's like blehhh. I don't know. I'm trying to get over it, and get back into writing more but so much has happened I'm not sure how often I can update. I'm so sorry I love you all..

Please remember to vote, comment and share with your friends!! I love you soo much!!)