Prologue

Emmett:

As an immortal you are tasked with finding your soul mate.

My name is Emmett and I'm an Immortal, I won't go into to many details, but being Immortal means I can't die.

I'm part of an elite group of men and women alike who share special abilities. We train, we fight and we find our true love then we become human.

Should we have children, our abilities are passed unto them. I of course have failed to find my true love too many times to count.

The girl I love, Abigail my queen, has left me more times than I want to say. Because I am stubborn and selfish and overbearing and it's taken me 500 years to come to terms with that.

The Immortals are a small group as I said before, they are a council of sorts. Myself being one of them, each member is either a son or daughter of the original members. I am the last original.

I had gotten word that Abigail has moved to a small town in West Texas. Along with her boyfriend Cameron. Now as I said before, I have had many years to learn that I am not a perfect man. Because I've been with Abigail over and over again, well her ancestors anyway.

We live then we die as humans. Once you've died your spirit is sent to heaven and eventually you are reincarnated into an infinite child.

I have waited for so long to find the right time to make things right with Abigail. So that I can become human and have the life I'm supposed to have. She's all I've got left I just hope I'm not too late.

************************************

Abigail:

Cameron and I finally bought our own home, things are finally looking up.

I love Cameron even though he's hit me, but he swears he loves me and says he's sorry. And I believe him.

Call me crazy but I know he can change he's not like...him.

"ABIGAIL WHERE IS MY SANDWICH." He's drunk again, Cameron is completely different when he's drunk.

He storms into the kitchen he brings his hand down on me, making me fall to the floor with a whimper.

Tears fill my eyes and my cheek stings. He's done it again and I don't know how much more I can take.

So I thought I'd put this out there it's a prologue a close friend of mine brainstormed with me for this book I like it so I'll put this out and see what happens please make me smile and vote also leave a comment oh and give a shout out to my two favorite editors Xx_vyra_xx they are awesome and will seriously do some awesome work so anyway thanks for reading and the song above describes Emmett and Abigail perfectly

Yours truly: J
Edited by: xx_vyra_xx