3

Abigail:

They say time flies, usually it does but after these last couple of days I'm not so sure.

It's been about a week since Emmett talked me into getting a hotel room so I could get away from Cameron.

But as we all know life doesn't exactly work like that. Cameron has been blowing up my phone all day, every day. I can only imagine what my phone bill is going to be like.

But anyway, right now I'm sitting on the bed watching tv. Emmett is supposed to be coming over so we can talk, but I honestly don't know what I'm going to say to him.

I mean it's been almost six years since we've been together in any way. Although I admit seeing him again after all this time, he looks good really, really good.

Now that I think about it, I started dating Cameron to forget about Emmett. The pain of leaving Emmett was still so raw and when I was down, Cameron was there to pick me up.

But seeing Emmett outside the apartment, seeing him stand there with that smile on his face. It's like all the pain and abuse I've been taking just went away. Is that wrong to feel like I'm being able to actually be happy. Can I be happy with Emmett?

***

Emmett:

It's incredible she's still just as breathtakingly beautiful as she was in high school. She was shocked to see me, I found it incredibly cute yet funny at the same time.

Right now I'm on my way over to see her so we can talk about the future. As I drive down the street I notice a girl running, terror written across her face. Behind her are two men I park my car and pursue them discreetly not wanting to attract attention to myself just yet.

Eventually I hear screaming, not out of pain but out of fear. I come to a stop as I see the same girl on the ground attempting to crawl away from her attacker's. This has gone on long enough, I soon step out of the shadows and into the light preparing to save the young girl.

The two men turn in my direction and bare their fangs. I look towards the girl she appears to be no older then seven years old. I remove my hat and coat as they both corner me.

I quickly dispose of them, they both turn to ash. I then kneel before the young girl and hold my hand out giving her a smile. She moves her hands frantically in front of me confused I look closer, it's sign language. "Are they gone mister?" I nod signing back. "Yes their gone sweetie what's your name?"

She moves her hands in response "Mary my name is Mary what's your name?"

"I'm Emmett." I sign back making her giggle. I look at her confused she signs to me. "Your name is Emily?" Before bursting out laughing I guess my sign language needs work.

She holds her arms out to me so I scoop her up and hold her close as we walk. I sign with one hand. "Are you mute?" She nods sadly a tear falling down her cheek. I set her in my car and proceed to go to my queen.

I pull up to the hotel and let Mary out she follows me curiously as I get to her room. I knock on the door and hear a voice say come in. Once I open the door I see my queen smiling at me.

"Emmett who's this?" Abigail asks me as she kneels in front of Mary. She hides behind my legs frightened, I chuckle quietly before answering.

"This is Mary I saved her from some weird men, she won't understand you she's deaf." I say Abigail gasps before making signs with her fingers. Mary giggles before nodding back. Stunned I look at Abigail.

"You know sign language?" She nods.

"Yes Emmett, I learned in college my roommate was deaf."

Of course it makes perfect sense how she knows it. I learned from my travels and my mother. Amazing but what can we do for Mary.

"Do you have parents?" Abigail asks her signing and speaking so I can understand probably.

Mary's smile turns into a frown and she shakes her head no Abigail gasps and says "Well I can be your mommy if you want."

Mary looks at Abigail before nodding frantically and leaps into her arms I look at them feeling a sense of pride suddenly.

After everything has calmed down we find out that Mary can read lips but prefers to use sign language. I sit with Abigail and Mary and take my queens hand and say.

"We need to talk."

Hey ya'll so here's another chapter I had fun with this one I hope you guys enjoy it leave me a comment and a vote let me know what you think also I'm giving a shout out to my awesome editors Xx_vyra_xx check them out and see the amazing work they do and as always thanks for reading.

Yours truly: J
Edited by: xx_vyra_xx