Chapter 4|Car Ride

Freddi

As I walked to my car wishing I didn't have to go home, mister cheesy pickup lines, himself stopped me. "What now, Axel?" I had to admit he is extremely handsome, but getting home any later would have only gotten me in more trouble.

"Well it seems that you have the pleasure of driving me home today," he said giving me a cocky grin. Although the thought of being alone with him excited me, just being near him any longer would probably make me do unexplainable things.

"Now why would I do that?" I asked him, my tone laced thickly with sarcasm.

"Because I need a ride," he said in a 'duh' tone before getting in the passenger side of my car. I sighed, I didn't think I could handle being alone with him, but I knew I couldn't forcefully move him. I got in the driver's side of my car and drove out of the school's parking lot.

As I was driving I asked him, "Where do you live?" Through the corner of my eye, I saw him turn to stare at me. 

"8627 Conch Avenue," he said as though it should have been obvious. That address sounded extremely familiar, but I figured it was probably just because it was part of the 'rich' neighborhood. 

We continued to drive in a comfortable silence. And just as I began to relax, Axel had to ruin the admittedly uncomfortable silence by badgering me with questions.

"Sooo, Freddi what's your favorite color?" He seemed genuinely curious.

"Um red, why?" I asked, turning to glance at him when we reached a stop sign.

"Because I want to get to know you better," he explained while shrugging. "Tell me about your family," he requested in a slightly demanding tone.

His question provided a bit of a problem, so I obviously had to lie. "I'm an only child, my mom is a personal shopper, and my dad is the sheriff," I answered quietly, hoping it would be enough to placate him.

But, of course, he had to ask, "What are your parents like?" I cringed at the thought of my possible answer; 'Oh my dad abuses me, my mom's never around and no one asks a damn thing about the bruises, but everything's A-Okay'

But of course, I couldn't possibly tell him that so I just said dumbly, "Uh, they're... parents." hoping he wouldn't be able to tell I was lying. He didn't say anything, but when I glanced at him, I saw him narrow his emerald colored eyes.

"We're here," I announced noticing that we were now parked in front of an all too familiar mansion. Jack's house.

"Are you staying at the twins' house?" I asked turning to face Axel in the car. I used to come here often before Jack and I broke up.

"This is my house. They're my stepbrothers," he said as though this too, should have been obvious. "Did you not know that you dated my stepbrother," he continued jokingly.

I was still looking at the house as I replied, of course, the sexy boy had to be rich too. "I guess you weren't around when I was here?" I answered though it came out as a question.

I heard him chuckle softly, the quiet sound causing a stir deep in my belly, "Okay baby girl, one last question." I glared at him when he called me that.

"No Ax–" I began to refuse, but of course he cut me off and asked me his question anyway.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" At this I had to laugh, I was one of the school's biggest nerds, I was never going to date anyone. That was a fact.

"No. Have you met me?" I asked him, still laughing hysterically.

"Why not?" Axel asked, his green eyes genuinely confused.

"I'm a nerd," I told him in a 'duh' tone, as my laughing ceased.

His eyebrows shot up as if this interesting detail had just crossed his mind, "Oh. Well, don't get one?" I giggled again.

"Dimly noted. But okay, why?" He placed his hand on my right thigh causing me to squeal softly, and shudder as a trail of fire coursed through my veins starting at the point of contact.

"Because you are mine and mine only baby girl," Axel said slowly as if I was a child, his fingers tracing patterns on the inside of my thigh. My eyes widen at his words, while my blush deepened at his actions.

"No, I'm not. Now please get out of my car," I managed to mumble.

He smirked, looking accomplished and got out of my car, but before shutting the door he leaned down and murmured, "I think you're sexy too, baby girl." My eyes widened again, but this time in horror and embarrassment as I realized that I had said that out loud. Damn it!

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Published: 08/13/16
Edited: 12/26/17

And again on: 09/22/18

—Halo